Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Technical Issues". Why?

Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2018 Nov 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chuva.jpg

Hi, this picture above was  rejected for having Technical Issues.
If this photo is not good for selling, or not interesting, that's totally fine!
But it doesn't fit in any of the descriptions of "technical issues"
- It's not out of focus (it's an abstract image), the focus is sharp where I wanted. The small DOF is clearly intentional.
- There are no artifacts;

- It has the right exposure

- It has a good resolution.
I just would like to understand it better, so I don't make the same mistake.

Thank you!

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Hi, well, I kinda disagree with Jacquelin and Joan to a certain point. The Techincial Issues that Adobe chose, would come under exposure, saturartion and contrast - bearing in mind that you uploaded as a photo? Focus is another category.

You should really have a read of this, plus other material from Adobe:

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

Technical issues 

When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello wolfwagner, I am sending you a link to study and discover what might be wrong with your photo. You must meet the guidelines and standards Adobe has stated in the guidelines for stock contributors. I do not know what you titled this work but it might best fit in the abstract section. Buyers will not know what this is except colors and swishes and fog. If it is a photo of some sort of fire, it needs to look like that, it does not.  It does appear to have been over processed somehow. If you look at this work at 100 - 200 % enlargement you will see noise, artifacts and a few more errors. What are your thoughts Abambo jacquelingphoto2017  Regards, JH

Quality Standards

For your images to have commercial value, we expect them to be:

• Appropriately lit and exposed
  • Without visible noise or dust
  • Well-composed
  • Processed inconspicuously

For more information on what makes a quality image, see The review process and Create better photos for Adobe Stock with 7 tips for success.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome answer... you're totally right! Thank you      

[email data deleted ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome answer... you're totally right! That was the answer I'd like to hear... it's more an artistic issue than a technical issue, so.

Now I got it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi wolfwagner

I agree with Joan's analysis.  As it is I cannot figure out what image it is. It appears as though it's an abstract, or a photo that special effect is applied. If we cannot figure it out, the buyers won't. Therefore the chance of this image selling is extremely limited, or possibly none at all. If it's abstract, there are too much blacks. If it's a night picture, it has too much saturation and lacking essential details. In addition to the links Joan refer, you also need to look at the Adobe Stock Contributor Guide at tagproducts_SG_STOCK-CONTRIBUTOR_i18nKeyHelppagetitle .

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome answer... you're totally righ, Jacqueliningphoto2017! You and  Joan gave me the answer I'd like to hear... it's more an artistic issue than a technical issue, so.

Now I got it.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 24, 2018 Nov 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, well, I kinda disagree with Jacquelin and Joan to a certain point. The Techincial Issues that Adobe chose, would come under exposure, saturartion and contrast - bearing in mind that you uploaded as a photo? Focus is another category.

You should really have a read of this, plus other material from Adobe:

Quality and technical issues rejected at Adobe Stock

Technical issues 

When we reject a file based on technical issues, we have identified technical flaws other than focus, exposure, or artifacts, which we call out specifically.   

Photography and video technical issues include but aren’t limited to

White balance: The white balance may be too warm or too cool.

Note:

When you shoot in raw formats, you have great flexibility to adjust the white balance in your post-processing workflows.

Contrast: There may be too much or not enough contrast.

Saturation: Oversaturation may give your file an unnatural look, but under-saturated or spot color can also result in technical decline.

Note:

You may want to try the Vibrance slider instead of Saturation in Lightroom.

Selections: Editing must be done inconspicuously. Selecting objects out of their backgrounds (or masking) to composite into new images requires time, patience, and care. Do not submit images that have been poorly selected or look like they are not a natural part of the scene.

Chromatic aberration: Refers to color fringing around objects in the image.

General composition: Is your horizon straight? Have you cropped the image too much? Consider leaving a designer room to add their own text or objects.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You'll see why then - although you may disagree with this - that it got a 'Technical Issue' rejection.

It has too much contrast and saturation.

Technical Issues and artistic abstraction are totally two different things. Here the upload is being looked at it from a technical viewpoint.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines