Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Technical Issues"

New Here ,
Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stormy weatherStormy weather

I am a new contributer to Adobe Stock and had this image rejected for "Technical reasons". Having had a look at what elements may cause an image to be rejected, I can't see why this one was. Maybe I'm just biased!

I could think that they may have seen blur/movement in the image, but looking at the image again I can see the sea spray being blown inland, so actually part of the dramatic image. 

Can anyone see any other reason for this image to be rejected, so I can learn for next time?

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 06, 2020 Mar 06, 2020

Look at your histogram. You have currently a wide range of tones that are not represented as well in the shadow area and the highlight area. If you have that image as a raw one, you may try to adjust, if not there is little chance that you can adjust without introducing other artefacts.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at your histogram. You have currently a wide range of tones that are not represented as well in the shadow area and the highlight area. If you have that image as a raw one, you may try to adjust, if not there is little chance that you can adjust without introducing other artefacts.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Steve,

There don't seem to be sufficient contrast in this photo.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 07, 2020 Mar 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical issues here would definitely be contrast! Your B&W is 'muddy'. For a B&W photo, you need a full range of tones - whites to blacks. Here, you just have a muddy grey.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photograph did have the histogram skewed to the left.

I did have a look at changing elements from the RAW file, but as it was a very grey stormy day the photo was pretty realistic. By a bit of photediting to get the histogram more balanced, the image was too bright and not really reflective of the reality,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 15, 2020 Mar 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You still don't have enough range of tones - contrast in the image. After a small alteration in Photoshop - adjusting the auto tones you get this:

IMG_5877_tones.jpg

Because of the lack of tonal range, you got the Technical Issues reason. (There may be other reasons as well.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines