• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"This is our work," says a photo studio in Tokyo, for a photo bought from Adobe Stock.

Community Beginner ,
Feb 27, 2022 Feb 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about one of the photography studios in Tokyo.
The studio publishes its portfolio on its website. The problem is one of the photos is my work, which they have bought from Adobe stock photos. It's okay to use my photo after buying but, they can not say "It's my work." right?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may find the answer to your question in the following page which describes to Buyers how they can use the images they iurxhase:

https://stock.adobe.com/license-terms

In the T&C's it specifically states: 

"2. Ownership. Except as expressly granted in the Terms, we and our licensors retain all rights, title, and interest in and to the Stock Assets. No title or ownership interest in or to the Stock Assets is transferred to you by virtue of the terms."

I would interpret this as meaning that the Buyer cannot state that they own (or created) the image. if you believe that the Buyer is incorrectly using your image, you should refer the matter to Adobe rather than pursuing the Buyer directly.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for very much your comment.
I have contacted contributor support with the specific Adobe Stock photo page and the photography studio website page information attached.

The support's answer is below:
The photo itself was purchased under an extended license. Therefore, it cannot be determined that the use of the image violates the terms of the license agreement.

I did not know that as long as you purchased under extended license, you can say, "This is my work"
To be honest, I am very unhappy with this answer from contributor support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Shown below is what the Help page says about Extended Licenses. Though it does not specifically preclude the Buyer from claiming it as their own work, it does state that they cannot resell the image as a stand-alone file. If they have offered it for sale on their website, you can make a claim with Adobe that the Buyer is violating the License.

Extended licenses

With an Extended license, you may:

• Use the asset with all the rights granted in the Standard license.
  • Reproduce the asset beyond the 500,000 copy/viewer restriction.
  • Create merchandise or products for resale or distribution where the main value of the product is associated with the asset itself, such as a coffee mug or t-shirt.

With an Extended license, you may not:

• Distribute the stand-alone file.
Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 05, 2022 Mar 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on the use and if it is inline with the licensing terms. This can't be checked without more information. I would suggest, you contact contributor support. https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/Need-Help-Contact-Us.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your comment.
I have contacted contributor support with the specific Adobe Stock photo page and the photography studio's website page information attached.

The contributor support's answer is below:
The photo itself was purchased under an extended license. Therefore, it cannot be determined that the use of the image violates the terms of the license agreement.

I did not know that as long as you purchased under extended license, you can say, "This is my work"
To be honest, I am very unhappy with this answer from contributor support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines