• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random & wrong keywords automatically added to my images

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am new here, thanks for helping me!

I have been uploading my first few images, but I can't figure out how to get the upload windows to work for me, esp the keyword function. I typed out my 50 keywords in advance and paste it into the PASTE KEYWORD field and submit carefully. However, when I checked my UPLOADED IMAGES, to my distress, I find random and incorrect keywords overriding most of my keywords. How do I prevent that? I deleted and uploaded the same images a few times with no improvement. Please advice.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Feb 15, 2018 Feb 15, 2018

Hi,

you should not copy your 50 keywords into the "Paste Keyword" field in the list of keywords, here you can only add individual keywords to the existing automatically created ones.

If you want to insert your own 50 keywords, deactivate "paste keywords" in the first dialog box after the upload and delete the existing automatically created keywords and insert your own with copy and paste.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

you should not copy your 50 keywords into the "Paste Keyword" field in the list of keywords, here you can only add individual keywords to the existing automatically created ones.

If you want to insert your own 50 keywords, deactivate "paste keywords" in the first dialog box after the upload and delete the existing automatically created keywords and insert your own with copy and paste.

Greets,

v.poth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot!

I pasted my 50 keywords in the correct field, it is the existing 25 automatically created keyswords that I did not delete. Those tiny text to delete at the bottom, I missed them. Thanks for the guidance.

Hope this batch gets approve, this keyword thing is like admin work to a designer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2019 Jul 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too had an approved image with random and wrong keywords applied. The image is now in my Portfolio.  How do I add all my correct keywords?  I can delete each wrong keyword (such as Spain when the image is in England) by clicking the edit button to the right of the keywords.  How do I "deactivate paste keywords" and where is the "first dialog box"?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looping MatHayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abambo is correct. If you upload files without keywords already embedded in the metadata then Adobe Sensei will automatically recommend up to 25 keywords. If you select more than one file at a time you cannot see these auto-keywords. Recently we added a warning message to alert you there are keywords not visible and advising you to select only one image at a time if you want to see them.

If you don't like the auto-keywords you need to erase them, then add your keywords. Don't erase them and then do something else before adding your keywords as the auto-keywords will regenerate automatically.

Please note, only use the keywords you see in the contributor portal to confirm what words are associated with your image. The keywords displayed on the customer facing site are not necessarily what you wrote or what are associated with the file. They are Sensei recommendations to help customers with additional search ideas that will lead them to images similar in concept to the file they are currently looking at.

-Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK Mat, I get all that.  But your response makes me wonder if you got what I was saying.

"If you upload files without keywords already embedded in the metadata..."

Whatever gave you that idea?  I never upload files without the title/caption and keywords attached.  I can only work on one image at a time because I need to re-arrange the first five keywords of each image.

My problem stemmed from Adobe deleting all my keywords (not the caption) on import (or submission, I can't tell).  This is only the second upload after about 1500 images where I have submitted all my images for approval BEFORE taking the time to re-order keywords (and therefore checking that they are right).  Therefore, if the keywords were deleted on submission, I would not have noticed this glitch before.  This is one image out of 100 or so in which I spotted this problem.

What do you think - does Adobe occasionally delete keywords on upload, or more likely on submission?  If it's submission, then it might be worth my while to go back through my existing port' to check that the keywords are mine.  Since I've seen more than 1500 images go through upload intact, I'm thinking the submission process striped the keywords in this 1 out of 100 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 01, 2019 Aug 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReimarG  wrote

My problem stemmed from Adobe deleting all my keywords (not the caption) on import (or submission, I can't tell). 

Keywords stored with the file are kept during the upload. No keywords are automatically deleted. Only when there are no keywords with the files and only then Sensei generates keywords that are mostly relevant but need to be reviewed. There are no automatic modification done to your data after submission for review. Ideally all work should be done before the review process, as it is more time consuming to change the data after having the picture accepted.

How do you upload your pictures?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use FTP, just the online uploader.

I just re-uploaded the file, and the keywords came through fine.  But since I now suspect my keywords were stripped out on submission, this doesn't tell me much.

"No keywords are automatically deleted" but my example shows me that keywords can indeed be accidentally deleted by the system.  Maybe it's just a rare one-off.  But I'll come back here if it happens again.

Cheers, and thanks for all your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you post an image here. Does not need a real image only something where you added keywords. You can use the image icon here on the toolbar to add an image.

304AFCFE-DDC3-4327-9713-357D299C2C17.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, this is the image in question.  Downsized and compressed from 130 MB TIFF.458 Wheal Coates 6.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 02, 2019 Aug 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ReimarG  wrote

OK, this is the image in question.  Downsized and compressed from 130 MB TIFF.

No trouble, I just needed a picture to see how the keywords are attached and to look what happens when I upload the picture.

Keywords are in and there is no trouble with this. Sensei did not generate keywords as there where keywords present. Only if I would do "Refresh auto-keywords", then Sensei would analyse the picture and try to coin keywords based on the analyses results.

That operation overwrites the given keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To change the keywords of an approved asset:

• Click the image
  • Hover over the keywords, click the pencil.
  • Edit the keywords to your liking.

„The first dialogue“ is before submitting and getting the image approved. You have there the possibility to let the keyword assistant deciding, and you edit after that by reordering and deleting and adding single keywords. You can do that keyword by keyword or you use the comma separated list, which is great to copy paste curated keywords from one asset to an other.

You can also „preload“ keywords before uploading. You do that in your software. Lightroom only has the nasty habit to sort them alphabetically.

If there are no keywords, the assistant will anyhow fill in his suggestions. If they are not good, you can delete them altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Abambo.  I think what you're saying is that once approved, I can no longer re-import the keywords originally attached to my submitted image back into the image in my portfolio in one go.

You're saying that when Adobe's software messes up like this, I have to re-type my 30-50 or so keywords one at a time.  I guess Adobe's import engine didn't recognize my keywords and therefore thought the IPTC field was empty and filled it with some AI estimates (mostly wrong).  I haven't seen this with any other stock site, so this is a glitch I will have to watch out for at Adobe.  It would be better if this could get fixed on the import programming side.  I'd rather have the image rejected as not coming through intact than to have to re-type all my keywords.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ReimarG  wrote

Thanks Abambo.  I think what you're saying is that once approved, I can no longer re-import the keywords originally attached to my submitted image back into the image in my portfolio in one go.

Once approved you need to change the keywords one by one. This is by design. It avoids people having approved pictures and massively spamming the keywords with inappropriate words. At the sme time you can correct one or the other mistake.

Adobe reads the keywords when present and uses them. If your keywords are not seen, that means that your software does not store the keywords with the JPEG files.

What program do you use to edit the keywords on your system?

Anytime I upload manually a JPEG file with keywords attached to the file not a side car, I get the correct keywords loaded without a hassle...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines