Exit

Re: Fotolia 1099 MISC

New Here ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

I am reporting the 1099-MISC as a miscellaneous income in TurboTax and not as a 1099-MISC.

If you start adding a 1099-MISC Turbotax is going to send some forms to the government as if you own your own company.

I am having njow issues with FTB in California contactingnme thinking that I own a company which is not the case.

All these issues have been triggered by Fotolia LLC sending out the 1099-MISC form.

I have been reading a lot about this.

A lot of people are complaining about this but Fotolia LLC (owned by Adobe) never did a thing to resolve this issue.

BR

Nico.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what you are complaining about, but Fotolia is now Adobe stock. If you have a specific question, formulate this as a question. If you have information about some specific tax handling, formulate your information in such a way, that even people not speaking 1099-MISC-form can understand what you mean.

I think that a moderator has detached your reply from a different post. I do not know, however, if that has been done by error or on purpose.

See here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/stock-contributors-discussions/where-s-my-1099/m-p/10328388#M6777

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nico,

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about. 

I receive many 1099 income statements each year as required by US tax laws.  This does not mean you are self-employed.  It means you earned personal income over and above what you normally receive from your employer.  For example, gambling & lottery winnings, stock dividends, bank account interest, private consulting fees or income earned from Etsy or Stock photo sales.  The 1099-MISC statement is to help you declare this miscellaneous personal income on your tax return.

I urge you to consult an experienced tax adviser (besides TurboTax) to help you and answer your questions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines