• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Has acceptance criteria changed? [Branched & Moved to New Topic.]

Participant ,
Mar 15, 2023 Mar 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I have the same all february till now. I upload 50-100 photos a day and have accepted about 10% at Adobe. Before I had abot 80% accept. About 5 years it was ok. And vice versa with Shutterstock. They taking more than before. Today 100% were accepted. I`m not really worried or mad about that, but I intentionally uploaded a bunch of bad photos (out of focus, overprocessed etc.) in my son`s account, many of them were accepted. Interesting though.

[Moderator branched & moved from hijacked discussion to new topic, as per forum guidelines.]

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glum person,

This isn't about YOUR or your son's work.

Also, submitting your work through your son's account is a violation of Adobe's TERMS.  That could get you BOTH permanently banned from Stock. 😱

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@glum person,

I feel that one day, you will get banned because you publicly and clearly admit violating the contributor terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? They were his pictures. I just working as keyworder sometimes and he let me upload some "other" quality pictures as test. We deleted accepted photos later and never will do that again. Point was to understand what kind of photos Adobe accepting better, black and white, oversaturated, with soft focus, wrong wb etc. Conclusion was that we can`t forsee.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2023 Mar 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe take a very simple and broad view of the terms, and WHY you violate them is not important. Every day we hear from people whose accounts are closed without warning, losing all photos and unpaid funds, You may get away with it this time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why?

By @glum person

I repeat: Because you publicly and clearly admit violating the contributor terms.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I repeat. I didn`t violated anything. They were son`s pictures. I just wrote keywors and titles. He agreed me do that. That`s not violation. Submitting oversaturated or photo out of focus isn`t violation too. Many contributors are submitting much more worse pictures and wondering why they are not accepted. I sometimes check some 5-10 pages and delete pictures which looks bad. That can not be violation too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"I didn`t violated anything." I beg to differ. I think (and I'm not the only one) that you very clearly violated the terms, and I don't think you realise how serious this is. I'm not talking about submitting a poor picture. That's not a violation (but Adobe can choose to end your contract if you do it a lot). 

You accepted the terms that you own ALL RIGHTS to everything that you submit. Your son also accepted these terms. Even in a family, only one of you owns the rights. The other one is obviously in violation: you can't "give permission" to upload a file to which you do not have the rights. Now, this would not normally be a big deal. And even admitting it here may not be a big deal. But Adobe's systems are looking out for illegally copied pictures all the time (it's big business). Their systems could easily detect that you and your son (who have no connection in Adobe's world) submitted the same image. Clearly only one of you had the right to do that, and the other was in violation of terms. Every day we hear from many people who Adobe shut down, and often they don't know why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Test Screen Name 

Again... with all due respect, but please read carefully this and what I wrote in previous and then make conclusions.

In my son`s account were submitted HIS(not mine) pictures from HIS computer.

I never uploaded my pictures in his account and he never uploaded his pictures on my account.

We never submit same pictures in our account. He has his own cameras and laptop, I have mine and he doesn`t even live with me.

I wrote keywords. That`s not forbidden. Bigger contributors have paid workers who write keywords and titles for them, that is allowed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...but I intentionally uploaded a bunch of bad photos (out of focus, overprocessed etc.) in my son`s account, many of them were accepted. Interesting though.

By @glum person

That's not a good idea, even if it is to see if it is accepted or not. What is the purpose? It doesn't really make any sense!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

May be that was not a good idea, but I did it and can not return. Purpose was to understand why Adobe all February refused 90% of all my uploads ( I had about 80 % accepted photos for 5 years or so) and most of accepted 10% were not so good as refused. And yes, may be it was pointless because I don`t have solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines