• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Rejected due to copyright issues? [Branched]

Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have something pictures with  copyright problems, but I taken in a public space, I don´t sure if the keywords or what part of the picture has the problems?, If I can´t change it nothing of these picture, how can I delete it?Castillo Heidelberg KQ.jpgCaptura de Pantalla 2020-12-31 a la(s) 11.36.07.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2020-12-31 a la(s) 11.34.12.pngCaptura de Pantalla 2020-12-31 a la(s) 11.34.22.pngcolours in the street.jpg

[Branched to new discussion by moderator.]

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

1. you must submit with an IP release for each person that shows their face

2. a public space does NOT void copyright... in many cases the law is tighter like Eiffel Tower in Paris where taking photos of it at night are actually against the law and yes they do stop you

p.s, open your own post instead of jumping onto some one elses... thats just rude.

[Branched and merged by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Hi @Karla Quiñonez ,

From where I sit 4 of your images looks like private properties. You'd be lucky to get any of those in. In any case The second image has "RV11656" on a boat. That is an identifying mark, and need to be removed. I believe also that the man standing on the boat would be able to recognize himself, meaning you would need MR from him.

The transports all have identifying marks on them. Those need to be removed. There are many identifiable people in the crowd. You need MR for all t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. you must submit with an IP release for each person that shows their face

2. a public space does NOT void copyright... in many cases the law is tighter like Eiffel Tower in Paris where taking photos of it at night are actually against the law and yes they do stop you

p.s, open your own post instead of jumping onto some one elses... thats just rude.

[Branched and merged by moderator.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 01, 2021 Jan 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What an answer, it does not answer the question I asked, however, I appreciate the attempt.

As for opening a post with someone, it was because I felt empathy and at the same time the need to answer questions. I apologize if you found it rude, you should know that I tried to do this by inbox, however, they could not help me. Perhaps I am very clumsy even in using your forums, but I must also acknowledge your mental limitation for the type of comments you make to me, instead of trying to think more about the service and support for those who have just entered  in this platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Piggypacking a different thread makes it difficult to focus on your problem. Also posting a lot of different pictures makes it difficult to address indiviudual problems.

@Ussnorway is correct in that way that you need to submit a model release for each person recognizable in the picture, which makes your last one impossible to use for stock (commercially).

In addition you need to photoshop out every identifiable sign like the boats identifier (first) in addition to the required model release for the people.

Graffity is protected by (c), all logos from the trams need to be edited out. Without looking into the detail of the pictures, I think that there are quality issues, like washed out colours and missing details.

As pointed out by @Ussnorway , special lightning effects (see Eiffel tower) may be protected by (c). Also single buildings are protected by IP rights, except if explicitly submitted to public domain or if a property release is attached.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot. I saw the copyright rules and other things before uploading the images, and also the technical problems, but now I understand more when you have pointed out those points that seemed natural to me in the image, now I am learning to deduce my eye for the platform.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Karla Quiñonez ,

From where I sit 4 of your images looks like private properties. You'd be lucky to get any of those in. In any case The second image has "RV11656" on a boat. That is an identifying mark, and need to be removed. I believe also that the man standing on the boat would be able to recognize himself, meaning you would need MR from him.

The transports all have identifying marks on them. Those need to be removed. There are many identifiable people in the crowd. You need MR for all those people. I am not able to see most of your images properly because your upload samples are too small. You however need to zoom to between 100 and 200% to identify flaws and identifying marks and remove them with an editor.

With the exception of those you are able to remove identifying marks from (like the buses), I suggest you consider uploading  the others to platforms that accepts for editorial purposes. 

Take a look at Stock Contributor Learn & Support (adobe.com) to see Adobe's requirements.

You will find suggestions of platforms that will accept photos for editorial purposes at https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/stock-photos.html

Best wishes

JG

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2021 Jan 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the comments, now I am more clear about the bridges that are indicated in the image. Have a great year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The crowd of people in the street = you need ip for each person or blur out their faces... Its also a bad photo for marketing because the rail on the left front of image is out of focus but that is sometimes acceptable for a photo of real life when you don't have time to use a tripod

The cannel image has two people in a boat looking at your camera so again you need ip or remove their faces with ip being the better option because the fact the boat is in the fore ground makes it the main point of the photo... You also have an iconic building more than 50% shown in the background so thats a  possible copyright issue as well

The other images are iconic structures or objects which again makes them copyright

thats as clear as I can make it so good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the comments, Have a great year!, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Karla Quiñonez ,

You are welcome.

You too have a wonderful year.

From JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Ussnorway blurring faces will disqualify the image for stock on the basis of technical problems... so that's not a solution. The only solution to a picture like this is for editorial use, which is not offered to contributors for submission.

The gondoliere and the passenger are the problem on the Venice picture, besides the boat identifier and may be other logos. As for the rest, I think that it would pass, even with the iconic building in the background, as it is simply part of a cityscape and even (c) buildings like the Empire State building are allowed if they are not the subject or center of interest of the image but are part of the wider cityscape.

For sure, all images need also be technically correct, besides the observations given above.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will made changes about Venecia picture and try again up. Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yopu can try, but without the gondoliere...your picture will loose it's charm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

imo the boat is the best photo... had it used models and added MR then I would actually buy it

when you use a bulding or some other iconic object then its really up to you to check because some are ok to take photos and others not... as a policy I assume not until I know otherwise

Adobe is really the problem here because they are unclear about what they want... not every photo needs to be a marketing image for add people but that is what's assumed

p.s, I agree blur faces is bad but sometimes you must do it to make a bad photo ok to publish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree blur faces is bad but sometimes you must do it to make a bad photo ok to publish

It won't pass for stock. Stock images are supposed to be used for commercial uses worldwide (Adobe's saying not mine). Blurring peoples faces (like you would do sometimes in magazines) will disqualify the picture.

As for people, the rules are clear: you need a model release (sometimes you may discuss if the person is recognizable or not...). As for logos and identifiers (logos, name plates etc) they need to be photoshopped.

Sometimes there are discussions on details, sometimes a slight white balance correction gets the image through, sometimes even a different moderator gets your image accepted :-).

Just to answer the last question of @Karla Quiñonez that did not get answered: Refused images stay with a very small preview in your account with the refusal reason attached. The full resolution image, however, did get deleted with the refusal.

You can correct and resubmit, however, I suggest you go case by case and only resubmit pictures that you can correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines