Hello. How can I improve this photo?

IMG_8563.JPG

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to clean up the background before snapping the picture, and you should not overexpose. Look your histogram. Your missing part of the shadow area and the complete black area (left).

Abambo_0-1622739623118.png

Adjusting that will enhance the picture a lot.

The eyes are not in focus. Portraits need to have the eyes crisp sharp. To enhance the eyes further, you can then lighten-up the eyes, but keeping the pupils black.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. It will make me better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dont crop off the ears! Crop in. Cleanup the background. Add sharpnes..

IMG_8563-Edit.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the suggestions of Ralph and Abambo, I would add that there are already 2.4 million high quality images displayed when you search in Adobe Stock on "cat". In order for your image to be accepted it would have to be perfect and unique. Your cropping, composition, messy background and soft focus can't be fixed in this image to make it acceptable, but frankly, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on shooting pictures of cats for stock. If it's your pet, go ahead and shoot images to capture how cute he is, but without the expectation that it could saleable as a stock photo. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

(...) but frankly, I wouldn't spend a lot of time on shooting pictures of cats for stock. If it's your pet, go ahead and shoot images to capture how cute he is, but without the expectation that it could saleable as a stock photo. 

By @Jill_C

Quite true... but when you have a picture that meets the quality requirements, you can upload it. Some cat and dog pictures sell. I have cats and dogs in my portfolio, but none of the pictures has been explicitly shot for stock... And a few of them have been sold.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Great advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines