Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

reason of rejection

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you rejected two of my images recently and I am wondering why my photos weren´t accepted? Which technical issues did you find it? I don´t consider these two photos with the crown in the mountains as acceptable. Can you give me the reasons, please? Thank you for your time and response.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Aug 06, 2019 Aug 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ppphoto,

We would really like to help, but you have omitted uploading copies of the photos you speak of as being rejected for technical issue.

To upload the image click on the seventh (7th) icon from the left of the reply (post) text box menu bar. When you hoover over the icon you will see "Insert Image"; that's the icon you click on to upload the images for us to view them.

Regards

JG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

_PAJ2378.JPG_PAJ2379.JPG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi PPphoto,

There seem to be a white balance issue with both images. The images has a slight blue overcast. Also the images are too dark and thus have lost the details of the crows. You needed to apply more light. Additionally I believe the blur of the mountain in the forefront especially that of the second image is distracting and takes away from the image.

There is also the issue of a grainy, watermark appearance of the dark areas of both images when zoomed.

Image 2

Image 1

You should inspect your images zoomed at 100 to 200% for imperfections, and there need to be adequate exposure, or lighting so that details are visible.

Best wishes

JG

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, there are quite a few issues with these two photos.

White balance - both have a blue cast.

Exposure - the images are also underexposed.

I also agree with the out of focus foreground.

By the way, this is a user to user forum, so even though we are ACP's we do not work for Adobe. We just volunteer our time to help users like you improve their photos and improving the success rate of being accepted.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 08, 2019 Aug 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

First the good news:

They are great pictures and I love them...with some remarks. Most have been placed also by ricky336​ and jacquelingphoto2017​.

The bad news:

I'm sure that some pictures like this (very styled) get through, but they need to be perfect as the market for such pictures is very limited. Your chances would be much bigger if the raven would be visible with all his structure (foreground lighter an "correctly" exposed). The reason here is, that anyone low-talented Photoshop guy could get your look out of a correctly exposed picture but the inverse is not true even for the most talented of us.

In addition you have some things on your image that need to be addressed:

• colour correction and exposure has been named
  • you have lens vignetting
  • there is a dust mark in the middle of the picture
  • as for the blur on the foreground rock, it's disturbing because you do not see the reason of that blur.

For camera settings I have the following remark:

• ISO should be lowest possible value (normally 100) if possible.
  • The sweat point of lenses is around f8 (where the lens is sharpest). Such apicture could easily be taken at f8 and the background would still blur out.
  • you have plenty of reserves as your exposure time was 3200/s. You should be able to get a sharp picture of this at much lower exposure time.
ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines