• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

reasons for rejecting photos (need help)

Explorer ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! Need help from contributors with the reasons for rejecting photos. The reasons from Adobe are different: TECHNICAL PROBLEMS, EXPOSURE PROBLEM and so on.

As I understand, Adobe doesn't like collapse in shadows and wide-angle lenses? But it is not possible to shoot a sunset without collapses, the dynamic range of the cameras is not so wide.

I really want to understand what is wrong for the future.

Thanx!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Hello,

In the first photo, the highlight is overexposed, so it just won't pass on this. You may also have IP issues as this is a well-known temple in Myanmar. 

Your other shots have too much noise in them, for example, this one:

IMGP7005.jpg

Not to mention IP issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

I think some of your shots are great, and I just think that microstock sites like this and shutter don´t understand that it takes time and money to get a perfect shot. They want a degree of perfection they are not willing to pay for to us "but" that the customers are willing to pay for to them. This is why I never give my best to these sites, if they reject and sometimes they reject a whole lot, I also upload somewhere else where I know I won´t get rejected. No one can tell you something won´t s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only looked at the first photo. Check your photos at 100%. Here is one issue that needs to be cleaned up in post processing:

err.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2021 Jan 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer Ralph. These are the details of the building in the exposed segment of the photo. Is it really necessary to clean even such things ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2021 Jan 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In the first photo, the highlight is overexposed, so it just won't pass on this. You may also have IP issues as this is a well-known temple in Myanmar. 

Your other shots have too much noise in them, for example, this one:

IMGP7005.jpg

Not to mention IP issues as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2021 Jan 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer, Ricky!

This is not a famous temple in Myanmar, but a little-known temple in India.

I understood about noise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

India then. It looked like a temple I visited in Myanmar a few years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of your shots are great, and I just think that microstock sites like this and shutter don´t understand that it takes time and money to get a perfect shot. They want a degree of perfection they are not willing to pay for to us "but" that the customers are willing to pay for to them. This is why I never give my best to these sites, if they reject and sometimes they reject a whole lot, I also upload somewhere else where I know I won´t get rejected. No one can tell you something won´t sell, presuming to know what sells is what some "curators" do and well guess what? they don´t do too well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you seem to be right. Sufficiency for commerce, trends makes it all disfigured, one-sided. Curators know exactly "what is for sale", hence the buyers will definitely not buy "other view". This is a vicious cycle.

The main trend is to be ideal in a selling trend.

The process of photography loses art in general.

Peace!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @levviktorov,

Sorry but I don't have time to download and examine 11 images much less critique them all.  That goes beyond the scope of this user-to-user community.   Instead, I'll give you some food for thought.

• Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Pretend you work for an ad agency. Would you buy this image and what would you use it for?  What if any concerns do you have about it?  Answer honestly.

• Compare your work with other Adobe Stock Contributors' work in the same categories. Is your work better, about the same or worse?  Answer honestly.

• Pay attention to trends.  Is your work compelling and relevant?  Answer honestly.

• Finally, is your work the highest possible visual and technical quality?  If not, how could it be improved in post? Answer honestly.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Pay attention to trends". - Yes, that's the point. Not my line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines