• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recently lots of Quality issue, care to comment on these 2 examples?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone. Recently, I got more and more quality issues rejection. Care to comment on these 2 images? I did recently changed to Capture One and was wondering if the issue is with RAW processing of C1 or my image itself have flaw I am missing, maybe my mistake of having too much depth of field in stock which seems unpopular? Your comments is highly appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

I think you meant to say "too little depth of field", which does appear to be the issue in these images as very little is in focus. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Both images are very blurry.  As a customer, I can't use these in commercial projects. 

Customers want to take parts of images to use in composites.  Blurry parts are useless to us. However, when everything is focused properly, we can use more of the image's parts.  Make sense?

Why Depth of Field is so important in Stock photography:

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you meant to say "too little depth of field", which does appear to be the issue in these images as very little is in focus. 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both images are very blurry.  As a customer, I can't use these in commercial projects. 

Customers want to take parts of images to use in composites.  Blurry parts are useless to us. However, when everything is focused properly, we can use more of the image's parts.  Make sense?

Why Depth of Field is so important in Stock photography:

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3665: Add more contrast and get the woman's hand more pep:

Abambo_0-1661978595213.png

The RAW processing of Capture One is great, even that I prefer Lightroom in most cases.

3646: The DOF is extreme here. That's the biggest problem. I also think that the framing is not good. And I would lighten up the shadows a bit.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @azmil77,

Too much of your photos are out of focus and also they are underexposed. The second photo has color fringing around the glove.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1661993322576.png

You must take your photos with the view to maximize the potential. Customers will want different elements from you file. Therefore one shot can serve multiple customers with different subject matters or one customer with different subject matters. That increases the potential of your sale. When you try to blur background you end up producing soft edge that is not conducive to cropping. You can read up more about what Adobe is looking for here and more on how to produce better files here and here.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines