Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

refuse

New Here ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

0 (4).jpg0 (5).jpg

hello! was rejected due to technical problems. I can't figure out what the problem is. maybe you can give me some advice?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The color, exposure and focus are good. I think it might be the stray spots in the background (not the twigs) which look like sensor spots or lens dust.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Jill_C , I think the spots in the background were the cause.  It's seems some of the twigs are soft in various places, that also may have been it or part of it.

There is also a bit of shadowing from the lights used, but I'm not so sure that would be the cause.

Good luck!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my opinion, the lighting was uneven and stray twigs should be removed for easier selection by customers who want to change the background. 

The problems are an easy fix in Photoshop with an adjustment layer and layer mask.

Good luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with @Nancy OShea ,  the lighting is uneven and too harsh - no detail in the eggs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The twigs lack sharpness. There are unsightly shadows on the background, The eggs totally lack textures and are on ex.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Mark Pollo,

Stray twig is not an issue in a capture except it's in the forefront of the subject and not in focus. The stray twig adds to the story about the nest. Also it adds to the naturalness of the shot. The rejection here has nothing to do with stray twig. It was not totally easy to detect but this is what I found:

Both subjects are not completely sharp. You either did not have enough depth of field, or went in too close. Being too close also affect your depth. Also, both photos are noisy.

First file zoomed

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1662069159023.png

Second file zoomed

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1662069252063.png

The noise is obvious in the lighter areas where there are less twigs.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not pay attention to your Photoshop work. More than one place has been softened. @ClaudePhoto correctly identifies the missing texture on the egg.

As for the twig and the background, you should pay more attention to detail. Artefacts like this

Abambo_0-1662069577121.png

Abambo_3-1662069837025.png

are clearly a reason for a refusal. Hard borders don't become soft as this:

Abambo_2-1662069764503.png

The pictures got rightfully refused.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines