• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Refused for Technical Reason

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Although I have had a good few photos accepted. this one has been refused for technical reasons.  Any feedback would be welcome.

The young Peregrine Falcon dropped the food parcel the adult passed, so the adult dived after the food parcel and caught it.  An amazing sight and was difficult to capture.  Not everybodies taste in photos but it seemed ok technically.

Thanks for any input.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 08, 2022 Mar 08, 2022

Actually, focus on the building is good, so I think you're right - focus tracking couldn't keep up!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a fantastic scene to witness; however focus on the birds isn't sharp enough perhaps due to either a too-slow shutter speed or camera motion, or both. You might be able to improve the focus by applying selective sharpening to the birds.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jill,

Thanks for the quick reply, I did suspect that might be the reason.  Shutter speed was 1/3200 sec so think it was camera shake or focus tracking struggling.

Will try sharpening as you suggest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, focus on the building is good, so I think you're right - focus tracking couldn't keep up!

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The background doesn't help to make the birds stand out. They are nearly the same colour. They blend into the stone. I'm unsure if sharpening will help, but perhaps cropping out the patch of blue sky will help to balance the photo a bit. I don't think though it will be clear and sharp enough for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gill, Ricky,

Thanks for your feedback, although I liked the photo it is good to get feedback, especially technical, from other photographers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines