• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

refused with no explanations how I can make better?

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear reviewer if you don't explain to me because my image is refused I never know what to do nex time!!! Isn't it?

Goffredo_0-1642439459847.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2022 Jan 17, 2022

Firts of all, we need to see the original image. This image is way too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firts of all, we need to see the original image. This image is way too small.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think that's pretty much Adobe's intention, though Adobe would never say so. They only really want to encourage people who produce world class commercial photography already. It takes time (and hence money) to review and reject.

Anyway, as you need to know, photos will be inspected closely at 100%-200%, and you need to have done this even more closely before you submit. So we can help, you need to share full size original photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want a critic of your picture, post it full size here, with the refusal reason (what I suspect is "technical issues"). I see one technical issue: bad composition. But I'm sure there are others.

May be, before submitting to stock, you should first do some reading:

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear reviewer if you don't explain to me because my image is refused I never know what to do nex time!!!

=========

@Goffredo,

Adobe Stock reviewers must evaluate hundreds of submissions each day.  They don't have time to give you detailed feedback. That's not their job.  Their job is to quickly evaluate submissions so you don't have to wait 4-6 weeks for a response.  

Food photography is a special talent.  It must look delicious and have great visual appeal.  Compare your work with other Stock inventory in the same keyword category. 

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=bakery

Ask yourself, "would I buy this image? What would I use it for commercially?"  If the answer to either question is "I don't know," it's probably not right for Stock.

Consider enrolling in some courses to learn proper photographic technique (composition, focus, lighting, depth-of-field, manual camera settings, etc).  Join a photography club to get feedback from fellow photographers.

As with most things, learning photography is a process that requires commitment and practice, practice, practice.

Good luck! 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Nancy, thank you very much for your considerations, advice and suggestions, I share a lot of what you have written with evident passion and attachment to your work, but I often - or almost always - consider that our point of view is not "the point. of view ", but," a point of view "that must necessarily mediate with the rest ... In any case, thanks for the advice ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi@Goffredo,

You did make a strange statement here. @Nancy OShea's “point of view mediates” very well “with the rest”, I think. How “do you know what to do next”, if you do not take the advice you get here seriously? Good luck.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

It is indeed 'a point of view' and not 'the point of view' - but from my point of view I do agree with @Nancy OShea .

There are a number of things that can be done to improve the picture. Composition is one such thing. Food photography must indeed look delicious and have great visual appeal. It's more important how it looks rather than how it tastes. It has to attract buyers - think of McDonald's burger pictures; it looks a lot better in the picture than when you actually buy it, dosen't it? 

And this is why this community forum exists, you can post your rejections to get advice from other people, and who can give you more detail. In a lot of cases, the advice given is actually pretty good!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines