• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reject for Model Release

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Adobe has taken over Fotolia, I have had the reoccurring problem of some photos being rejected for lack of Model Release even though I have submitted the same one each time.  These rejections are inconsistent since other photos with the same subject and same model release have been accepted. Your input would be appreciated.

Charles

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Apr 01, 2019 Apr 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello charlese33409330, I will tell you that things are indeed changing and we stock contributors must stay informed. For this reason, I will ask someone with more Model Release information to supply you with an update that might help you with the transition issues you addressed in your note.

davescm

Dave can you supply an answer for Charles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 04, 2019 Apr 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do not need to submit multiple model releases each time you upload a picture of a specific model. You can use the existing one.

But very often, people do not see the real reason for the rejection. So sometimes it is helpful to submit the picture here and to give the relevant information.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Charles

The first time you submit a photo of a model (Let us call him John) your require to submit a model release completed and signed by the model, John, yourself as the artist, and a witness to the signatures. The image of John that you attach to the release would be one of those you submit. Therefore John would be easily identified as the model.

You'd upload the release, upload the photo(s), caption, tag, select yes, and scroll to the name you attach to John's release. When you submit that release is attached to you submitted photo of John.

The next time you take photos of John in a different setting, The only thing you need to do is, after doing the necessary corrections to the image, upload, caption, tag, select yes. click and browse for and click on the name of the release you uploaded with the first image. This you will repeat for every photo of John that you upload. There's no need to upload a second release for John. In this way you will have no more model release rejection.

It might be that when you reupload the release it is viewed as a new model, and I assume the original photo is what is attached, which does not match any of those that is current. When one release is uploaded and used repeatedly as described above, the history of images attached will be available to the moderator.

I hope you found this helpful

Regards

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2019 Apr 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It may not be that the rejection was for a missing model release but instead the release you attached may not have been valid. Provide an image number and I'll be happy to take a look for you. I checked your account and saw one example you uploaded a valid release of a picture of a child but the child was wearing a pair of shorts with a very visible Quicksilver logo. This resulted in a property release missing rejection which is another variable to consider.

Send that image number and I'll get back to you asap.

Mat Hayward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines