• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reject photos

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2021 Dec 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get a photo rejected for technical issues. Can you tell me why and how to fix it. Thank you very much!

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool photo, but when you look at it at 100% magnification, you can see the noise throughout the fog.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, it looks like you have sensor spots (small dark circles) throughout the image.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for your comment. I use lightroom to reduce noise and remove senser spots. Is it better now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At 100% magnification, it is still very noisy and you missed a few sensor spots and artifacts.  I've tried to attach a small section to show.  Hopefully, I have done it correctly.

ZKJ02276-3-2a.jpg

In truth, I am not sure if you could even remove the noise whether the photo would ever be accepted because of the fog causing the soft focus.  But I still think it is a cool photo.

-Rob

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Your second attempt isn't much better I'm afraid. Zoom in to 100% and you can still see signs of artifacts - noise in this case - colour noise.

ZKJ02276-3-2-artifacts.jpg

You may have oversharpened this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fog is usually best when applied to a technically perfect image in post-editing.  

There are half-a-million Fog scenes in Adobe Stock.  Compare yours with what's already represented.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=foggy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines