• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected by "Image does not meet requirements". Why?! Shutterstock approved this image!

Community Beginner ,
Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello people! I have two rejects on quality. Then fixed some detail...And in third

case i have reject as "Image does not meet requirements" (translate from

russian). Can someone explain this reason to me exactly?!

Thank you for opinion.

P.S. My image name is "A nude girl in red bikini lies on

the grass and reads a book.The legs of some women are

visible from behind. The art of being free and combining

the useful with the pleasant."  Look in my attachment file.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

I suspect that it does not meet Adobe's definition of " nudity with artistic value". It does seem that you took this image surreptitiously.  I would not define this as having artistic value. 

From this Help page: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/submission-guidelines.html

Follow the rules on nudity. 

For submissions containing nudity that has artistic value, the model must be at least 18 years old and the model release must include the model's photo ID so we can verify age. Never s

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , Apr 09, 2023 Apr 09, 2023

Hello!

Reason of rejection - impolite, indecent photo that humilitates the model. Angle of view - it looks like photographer was hiding, stalking and shooting people without their permission. 

Shutterstock is not a criterion. Adobe and Shutterstock are two different companies with different standarts. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Hi @names58321676 ,

For the reviewers it's a matter of if the files are to be accepted or not. Their job is not to find the faults of our files and inform us to correct them to resubmit. That would be the case if it was a training exercise. As far as they are concerned you should check to ensure your files are of acceptable quality. It is possible that each time you submit the file it goes to a different person, in which case you get different reactions. Once the reviewer sees a reason for rejec

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

there are so many things wrong with this picture in order to be near a commercially usable Image. It wore looks like a Snapshot that someone took but not a well made Photo that could be used for some advertisement, Poster, Flyer, Banner, etc.
There may be people who like photos like this, but the majority of people who use stock photos don't want to.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory. To be accepted, your work should be as good or better than what's already represented in your keyword category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/photography-illustrations.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Even at the risk of repeating or that you already know the information in the links, I can only urgently recommend following these rules.

Hope that helps to better understand.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2023 Apr 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the end of conversation i pay your attention to the image name in my first comment.
P.S. My image name is ...A nude girl in red bikini lies on the grass and reads a book.The legs of some women are
visible from behind. The art of being free and combining the useful with the pleasant...

The point is not to focus on sexual characteristics of the lady. Otherwise I would have done
framing 1:1. Pay attention to the background. And read the title of the photo again .... the thought was that manufacturers could buy such a photo epilators, sunscreen, in a pinch,
book makers, but then, the angle should be different.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ask you read in my post not a book makers but  booksellers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am very grateful to all colleagues who took part in the discussion of this image. The opinion of each participant was important. Health and good luck to all of us and of course, large and frequent sales

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines