Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to poor image quality

New Here ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! 
This picture has been rejected because of poor image quality. Can anyone tell me where the problem is? I'd really like to improve it, if I can!
Thanks!

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

From what I can see:

• Not sharp enough
  • Not enough detail in the shadows
  • Light halo around the tree
  • Crooked (horizon not level)
  • Colors don't "pop"

It appears to have been taken with a cell phone or tablet, which will be very challenging to use for stock photography (although it is usually possible to use a phone/tablet, if you work within the devices limits).

Aside from the technical flaws, you would also need to submit a model release for each of the people sitting on the bench.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to the issues noted by madscica I think the white balance is too blue.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! The photo was actually shot with a Leica camera. I see your points, it probably doesn't fit as an item for stock photography. Just one thing: none of the people on the bench is recognizable, do I still need a model release in this case?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you understand "not recognisable" differently from us. It doesn't mean "recognisable famous person" for example. It means "this person (or someone else) could identify who was in the picture". There are many ways they might identify themselves; face, hair, distinctive clothing, the combination of clothing of the full group, combined with the day and the setting.  The person on the right is sure to recognise himself, and may well remember the day, the company, and the speedboat. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, you will need a model release as the people, especially the guy to the right are recognizable.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Compare your work with other Stock inventory.  Is it as good or better than what's represented?
  • Who will buy this image? 
  • What will they use it for commercially?
  • Would you buy it?

These are important questions to ask before you submit.

Meanwhile, read these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines