• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to quality issues

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, all of the following were rejected due to quality issues, do you have some recommendations? Should I just make them brighter?

DSC_0538 Large.jpegDSC_0537 Large.jpegDSC_0507 Large.jpegDSC_0476 Large.jpegDSC_0206 Large.jpegDSC_0961 Large.jpeg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In general these photos were pretty dark/underexposed, and the histograms reflected that as well.  Lightening the dark photos introduced a lot of noise in the shadow areas unfortunately, but you may have better success than my quick attempt.

Screenshot_20221205-192355.png

The playground photo didn't appear underexposed, but would benefit from the white and black points being set further apart and more exposure adjustment fine tuning.

These also appeared to be low resolution photos, and when I checked the size the photos were just a few hundred kb each.  I definitely recommend submitting full resolution photos if possible.

It is worth noting that property releases would probably be needed for most of not all of these.  Anything that is man made and is recognizable is considered intellectual property.

Good luck with future submissions 🙂

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I will try to edit them better to correct exposure issues - now when I look at them I see the problem. As for the size, I wanted to upload full res pictures here, but they were bigger than 10 MB, so the system didn't allow me to upload them. 

Property releases will be an issue, I will choose the ones which are not affected by this. 

Thanks again,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Filip22389944peh2

The first photo is underexposed in the shadows. There are a couple specific techniques when capturing high dynamic range photos. This link has videos that will point to to courses that will help. Also the photo seem to have damaged pixels rendering the tree without details.

The second photo is underexposed and not properly composed. You crop both the building and the tree rendering non a main subject. Also you needed to correct the geometry of the entire photo. Photoshop has a too that does that. That photo also has chromatic noise and damage pixels. The tree details is lost.

The third photo has elements of IP that require removal. That photo is underexposed, causing details to be lost in the shadows. When zoomed in, the photo is of very poor quality and with chromatic noise.

The fourth photo is underexposed, has lost details in the shadows, with chromatic noise and lacks sharpness.

The fifth is an interior and might be considered an IP. In any case, it is slightly underexposed and lacks sharpness.This photo also has chromatic noise.

The sixth photo is out of focus and appear noisy.

You need to zoom in on your photos at between 100 and 200% to examine them for errors.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I will try to edit them better to correct exposure issues - now when I look at them I see the problem. As for the size, I wanted to upload full res pictures here, but they were bigger than 10 MB, so the system didn't allow me to upload them. 

They are not out of focus when zooming full resolution pictures.

Property releases will be an issue, I will choose the ones which are not affected by this. 

Thanks again,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would think that the most images are looking underexposed. The one from the playground there is to much going on in the picture.

Before you submit, please review the submission guidelines carefully and compare your work with other Stock inventory. To be accepted, your work should be as good or better than what's already represented in your keyword category.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html

Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I will try to edit them better to correct exposure issues - now when I look at them I see the problem.  

Thanks again,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Filip22389944peh2,

Please note that my response here was edited to correct an omission and to comment on the second photo.

Regards

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2022 Dec 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really should post here the pictures as submitted. Most quality issues can't be checked correctly by submitting these small version pictures.

In general, night pictures are giving a specific mood that is difficult to catch correctly on photography, as you need to reproduce a high dynamic range that the sensors don't catch. Your two Christmas tree pictures are not that bad. Tweaking some parameters could enhance the picture, however. I think there is some contrast missing. I won't elaborate more, as I do not see the other quality issues on this picture, due to the reduced size.

Your Irish pub picture is very problematic because of the many logos and trademarks in that picture. Even if you resolve the technical issues, you will probably have a hard time to get rid of the IP violations.

The four-lightbulbs picture is heavily underexposed.

Abambo_0-1670337317427.png

The photo is likely noisy and out of focus, too.

The IKEA picture will most likely also contain much information that needs to be edited out. Besides the obvious technical issues, like the exposure and the cropping, you will have severe IP problems.

The playground is underexposed, but is also missing blacks.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I wanted to upload a full quality pictures, but they were bigger than 10 MB, so the system didn't allow me to upload them. I know I could compress them better, but I used only a fast conversion tool on Mac. 

Will work on the exposure issue, sometimes I edit the pictures at night and the problem doesn't look so obvious. 

Best, 

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

The photos also suffer from white balance issues. As they are taken under artificial lighting, it's given a strong yellow cast to the pic that will be rejected based on this, not to mention the other quality issues. The light bulb pics are also underexposed and have white balance problems.

You need to think about composition as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

thank you for your feedback. I will try to edit them better to correct exposure issues - now when I look at them I see the problem.

White balance is actually pretty correct for most of them - the lightbulbs had that yellow color and it affected the whole picture obviously. 

Best, 

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Due to the fact the light bulbs had that yellow colour, it needs to be corrected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm certain Dubliner Irish Pub is protected.  Do you have a signed property release from the owner to use this image commercially?

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html

Nighttime shots are very challenging because the light is uneven -- too dark (underexposed ) in some areas, too light (overexposed) in others.   To minimize this, experts often use layer stacking with multiple exposures at different camera settings.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

thank you for the feedback. Yes, the property release with Dubliner would be an issue. I know about the exposure stacking, but didn't have my tripod with me, so it would be problematic. 

I am still learning to shoot with my new camera, will try to do better job next time 🙂

Best,

Filip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines