• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to technical issues - please give me some hints about night photos :)

New Here ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

My picture of the misty city was rejected due to technical problems. Do you think that in this case it is about grain resulting from high ISO?
Maybe you can indicate any other reasons that I should avoid in the future? For example, I thought about lights that can be seen in the distance (like "stars" in the sky), but these are elements that I didn't want to delete...

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. Greetings 😉

DSC00542.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, unfortunately there is very much noise. Such photos succeed best with a tripod and long exposure with low ISO

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KrSk ,

Noise is not the only issue with this photo. There is also an exposure issue. There are some black areas where details are lost. 

Best wishes

JG

https://incomepayout.blogspot.com/p/income-requirements-and-payout.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

From your metadata of the pic, the ISO is already low - ISO 100, and I guess you used a tripod or some stable surface as there are no signs of camera shake. So, two things:

• One, the camera sensor is rather small, so image quality isn't so good when enlarged
  • the other, in this situation, is to used noise reduction, but not too much.

Did you use any noise reduction?

I would probably clone out the lights in the background. They seem to be a bit distracting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines