• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected due to technical issues

Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2021 Jun 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

COOK'S MEADOW 0521  1080.jpgHello everyone.

Even though I am a new contributor and not a professional photographer, I would appreciate if anyone can help me pinpoint where the problem is with my submitted photo.

PS

I submitted 4 photos and all rejected due to technical issues.

I am attaching only one of the four to just get an idea what is the issue.

I appreciate anyone's help.

Thank you in advance.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Hello,

In my view the old log in the foreground is off-putting. It doesn't balance the photo. For composition, it would have been better to leave it out. Are you capturing the falls or the old log? Which is more important? For commercial value, I guess the falls and not the log! As it stands, it's neither one nor the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The resolution of the image posted here is not very high. So, I can only guess that the framing is bad for this one, as only the dead wood in the foreground seems to be in focus. But for that, the wood should be the main subject of the picture and not only lie there at the border, partially cut off.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, I appreciate your critique and advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2021 Jun 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice capture of Yosemite Falls; I've been there often ! The image is slightly overexposed in the highlights, very close to being blown out in a few areas, and underexposed in the shadows, particularly in the foreground logs where there is no detail. The image you've posted here seems to be low resolution, because when I zoom in to check for focus, it's quite pixelated, so I can't be certain that your focus is sharp enough to suit the Moderators. If the focus is good, it's an easy fix in LightRoom to adjust the exposure.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the advice and critique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what has been said: You may have a hotspot problem:

Abambo_0-1625074328101.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, yes noticed that after the rejection while checking my photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

In my view the old log in the foreground is off-putting. It doesn't balance the photo. For composition, it would have been better to leave it out. Are you capturing the falls or the old log? Which is more important? For commercial value, I guess the falls and not the log! As it stands, it's neither one nor the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Now I acknowledge of the compositional issue at hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I also regularly have issues with submitted images, but for different reasons. I am happy to provide a color version and a grayscale version. One of the two is always rejected because of "similarity". It is argued that Adobe customers can create a grayscale version themselves. But one forgets that not all clients come from agencies. Especially since my grayscale versions are NEVER just a conversion. This is manual work!

Regarding your picture: I think your thoughts for the picture weren't very wrong. You often hear that a picture becomes more exciting when you have something in the foreground. Thus, an image should have more depth. We know: foreground, middle ground, background.

In your picture it would have been better to open the aperture to have the wood a little more blurring. Furthermore I would have looked for a better frame. Currently the wood is cut on the left and not on the right. Somehow that doesn't fit.

But all in all, these are not technical problems, only design problems. But I think that's an important aspect for Adobe too. Since you submitted more than one image, there must be a problem with all of the images. So the hotspot mentioned could be your problem.

Don't let your head hang down 😉 I have currently rejected images due to excessive image noise! That amazes me too, because I got ISO 400 from a Canon EOS R5. I think pictures are judged by employees who have never had a picture printed themselves 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your input.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines