• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected for being- AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE

Community Beginner ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Waited a whole 1 and a half month just to get my images rejected for my image's "AESTHETIC OR COMMERCIAL APPEAL OF IMAGE", who else agrees that this reason is the most outrageous reason to reject someone's images? i mean, how can you label someone's images of having no commercial appeal even before putting it in front of the buyers? there are 8 billion people in the world, ain't no way, you can assume beforehand that nobody's gonna be interested in your image today OR in the future, this is the most weirdest rejection reason that adobe gives to their contributors for rejecting their images in my opinion...

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Adobe Stock contains over 300 million assets with new ones being accepted everyday. 
  • Adobe knows who their customers are and what they will & won't pay for.   That's their business.
  • Stock customers expect highest visual & technical quality for use in commercial projects -- TV, billboard and magazine ads, posters, t-shirts, calendars, videos, websites, social media, etc...
  • Competition is fierce.
  • Successful Contributors submit their BEST work to Stock. The work is visually appealing and has a chance of making multiple sales.

Read your Stock Contributor Guide carefully and follow the recommendations.

Good luck.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have such refusals too. It's neither outrageous nor is it for getting into heated discussions.

This is Adobe's turf and when Adobe things that the asset does not fit into their database, they can reject it. Contributors have no right to get their assets accepted.

Move on and submit your next asset. And if Adobe does not like your asset, you can submit it to a different database.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I learned very early on in the "stock submission game" is to not take rejections personally. Adobe has their ideas, presumably based on years of sales history, of what is considered to have "commercial appeal". Maybe they're sometimes wrong. Yes, it can be annoying and frustrating, but my attitude is just to move on to the next set of assets. I have improved my acceptance rate from ~30% early on to less than 5% now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to what @Jill_C said, the reason for rejection is bit broad. Aesthetic OR commercial. We're all assuming the latter, but aesthetics could also play a large part. Without seeing examples, it's difficult to know for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines