• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Intellectual Property Violation, exactly what item? and why?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I took these pictures and all rejected except for 3, I wonder what could have done and learn for the future to not repeat this mistake and maybe try if it is possible to fixing it.

I'm droping some of the photos.

It is a bit weird since the photos that were accepted are very similar. I just want to know and learn from my mistakes.

Thanks for the patience.

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

I do not think that Voltaire is the problem, I would tip to the map, as at least in some of your images some detail is (icons) visible that for sure is copyrighted and can identify the copyright holder. Your book, however, looks that old, and you are not showing much, there is no specific print that you refer, it's like anonymized.

However, your pictures expose also some technical issues. It may well be that the decision was taken very fast to refuse on IP rights because the technical issues a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here some id from the rejected ones

File ID: 423073478

File ID: 423073418

File ID: 423073129

File ID: 423073292

File ID: 423072847

File ID: 423072021

File ID: 423071755

File ID: 423072468

Hope someone can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are fellow users, not Adobe Stock reviewers. 

#1 Did you create this map yourself?  It looks modern.  Modern maps and globes are usually protected by IP.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html/stock/contributor/help/property-release.ug...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for answering. I have seen on this same topic that adobe employees answer and solve problems such as intellectual property violation.

In case what you say is true, why did they accept some that did contain these maps?

Here I include the ones that they did accept:

x.jpg

I don't know if this is going to work, but here a link with the photos in adobe stock

4 BEST IMAGES, STOCK PHOTOS & VECTORS | Adobe Stock 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is mainly a user-to-user forum.  Adobe reviewers are too busy to give detailed feedback about every image they reject. They accept the ones they can accept and reject the rest.  That's how it works.

In simplest terms, Adobe rejects duplicate content.  When an intellectual property element such as artwork is the main focus of your image, you must get written permission to use it from the owner.  However, if the IP element is a blurry or slightly distorted backdrop for other elements, you can sometimes use it without written permission from the owner.  Read this related article.

Source: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html#LandmarksandmonumentsSource: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/property-release.html#Landmarksandmonuments

In your case, Adobe accepted images with less focus on the map and more focus on other elements. I hope that makes more sense now. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, sometimes Adobe make mistakes (either they allow things that they should not allow, or they block things that could be allowed). There is no appeal. It is best not to use other people's IP in your photographs, or to go to some trouble to make them unrecognisable to ANYONE. What you did with the book is mostly very good, including starting with a 200 year old work (Voltaire). Be aware, though, that in some countries a new edition of an old book can be copyright...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was thinking the same, in this case I would rather have Adobe delete my photos than have any legal problem, so I was trying to see the possibility of being able to contact one of their employees and fix the whole matter. Thanks for your advice, I will always keep them in mind.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not think that Voltaire is the problem, I would tip to the map, as at least in some of your images some detail is (icons) visible that for sure is copyrighted and can identify the copyright holder. Your book, however, looks that old, and you are not showing much, there is no specific print that you refer, it's like anonymized.

However, your pictures expose also some technical issues. It may well be that the decision was taken very fast to refuse on IP rights because the technical issues are also an issue. The moderator takes only one reason for refusal, normally the first that comes to his mind.

Contacting Adobe contributor support can be done here: Need help? (Stock Contributor Support) 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot! I will contact them. Again, thank you all for answering me, I will try to solve this with adobe directly 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines