• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for intellectual property

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I removed the number of the plate and the brands (MG) of the car. Is that not enough? Or what else could I change? Other car plates aren't sharp enough to see them.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Anyone with a small amount of knowledge will be able to say this is an MG from the design. So it is a recognisable vehicle. The entire design is IP, not just brand names. 

I think the answer has to be, other people are not creating their work built on other people's recognisable IP. This makes whole classes of photography impossible for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Often no, simply removing the logo and plate is not enough. Many auto designs are trademarked. I don't know enough about cars to say definitively what this one is but it looks unique enough that the manufacturer would surely know it was their product.

These won't be accepted no matter what you do in post.

-Mat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andy.sch,

Sorry but images of recognizable vehicles are not allowed. The auto design is protected by intellectual property.  That means you need the car maker's permission to sell images of their designs commercially which they will never allow.

Most modern cars that you see on Stock are there for Editorial Use Only.  And Adobe Stock obtains their EOU images from trusted partners and news agencies only.  As yet, they do not accept EOUs from individual contributors.

Please read the Legal Guidelines in your Stock Contributor User Guide for more on Intellectual Property and Known Image Restrictions.

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html

Hope that answers your question.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @andy.sch ,

You need to remove the black crest and the red rose. The black crest is on the first image also.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1619826579737.png

My experience with vehicle, it is required that you remove the entire license's plate, not just the number. This might be an exception with the just married sign.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The black crest and the red rose are designs from myself, they replace the original "MG" sign and another signet. They aren´t original. So, when I remove the hole sign and the entire license's plate, I need to replace it with something else. What could I take, if not a sign from myself? What are you doing in such situations?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone with a small amount of knowledge will be able to say this is an MG from the design. So it is a recognisable vehicle. The entire design is IP, not just brand names. 

I think the answer has to be, other people are not creating their work built on other people's recognisable IP. This makes whole classes of photography impossible for stock.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @andy.sch,

In a case of replacing the original with your own design you will be required to produce property release. I do not know how it would work out in this case. What is acceptable is total removal by cloning out the area. Here is an example of both license plate and product initials removed.

https://stock.adobe.com/images/driving-a-pickup-truck/320440021

Here is an example of the side-strip removed

https://stock.adobe.com/images/tamarind-tree/276459838

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines