Exit

Rejected for lack of aesthetic or commercial appeal

Community Beginner ,
Nov 24, 2016 Nov 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20110728-3SD_0477.jpg

20110726-3SD_0371.jpg

I do not understand why they have been rejected.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2016 Nov 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its ridicuolus they rejected a bunch of my aerial photos that I have already sold as stock photos. Im pretty sure they have commercial appeal if someone pays for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same happend to me. Sold a picture and the same typ was rejected... This is not very motivating. I can understand you. But: Keep trying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is completely baffling and frustrating at times.   This apparently has no appeal to the wine, travel, or hospitalityDSC_7285-e.jpg industry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

send it through again - night crew may be different - more creative.

It would be fun to be a fly on the wall there at adobe.

these kids are probably sitting around reading GQ magazine- listening to taylor swift on their ipods.

throwing darts at a board - if they hit red that means its been accepted - black means - not commercially salable.

art is all in the eyes of the beholder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 26, 2020 Jan 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The moderators are likely experienced enough to be able to identify what will sell on an Adobe market as against what will not sell. Because an image gets sold from another platform does not necessarily means it will get sold on all. Also not being able to be sold on Adobe's platform does not mean it will not be sold elsewhere. Looking at the top image, it probably would have been accepted if more of the road was included. 

The wineglass image is a very good setting, but with too much depth of field, hence having a very busy background. It is not easy cropping the glass subject from that background; and frankly, to me, the top image is more appealing than the glass setting image because of the busy background.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines