• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for quality issues

Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.   I am a new contributor and looking to learn. I recently submitted this photo and it got rejected for quality reasons.  Could anyone help me understand why it got rejected?

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

White balance is a bit too blue, the horizon is not level, and the blurry birds in the sky should be removed.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Along with what @Jill_C mentioned, I'd like to see the lighting a bit more even, and this framed a different way.  The pool has a large bush in front of it and is only halfway in the photo.  Or halfway out of the photo depending on how you look at it.  

Cheers!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks

Get Outlook for iOS<>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lightning situation, with highlights and elements in the shadows, did completely overwhelm your iPhone. The white outline around the bird indicates a quite aggressive sharpening. Concerning the horizon, one of my teacher's always said: (…) since the picture hangs crooked, the sea has certainly run out by now. The picture isn't well framed. You should have concentrated either on the sea or on the pool.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines