• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for "excessive post-processing and/or noise"

New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This macro was not retouched. I took this picture just like that, without setting effects on reflex. Honestly i don't understand the reason for rejection.

DSC_0686.JPG

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2020 Feb 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Tronky,

The image is beautiful. However as was rejected for, it is a bit noisy. It is quite unlikely that you will take a photograph that will eliminate all noise. For that reason it is allowed that you use a noise reduction tool of a photo editor such as Photoshop or any other that you have access to to remove noise, or to make any other necessary corrections. To identify the level of noise in your photo, zoom the image to between 100 and 200% and inspect it for grans, or artificial color spots (color noise/artifacts). In the case of the image you upload to this forum the blurred background has many small grain/dots when zoomed up. Also you need to inspect the edges of your image for sharpness. I believe the depth of field of this image is too shallow hence producing too much soft edges of your main subject. You can inspect this at 100% zoom at what size the image should still be sharp at its edges.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines