Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issue

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

A couple images in my first time submission were rejected due to technical issues. I'm just starting out on my photography journey and would appreciate some help pointing out deficiencies in the images that caused their rejection.

Feedbacks are much appreciated!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

No details can be seen in the pictures. One image also has the wrong color profile. Display P3 instead of sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Hello,

Firstly, you have noise issues, it seems to be a bit too much noise reduction - when enlarged, the pixels are taking on a 'glassy' like appearance:

AOTP5522_noise.jpg

Secondly, the white balance is not so good - it's just a bit too yellow.

It's the same on both images.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Aug 26, 2020 Aug 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No details can be seen in the pictures. One image also has the wrong color profile. Display P3 instead of sRGB.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Marianne-Deiters. I see what you mean by the lack of details now. The shots were taken under a beachrock which was pretty dark. I think next time I'll either introduce some fill light or be more patient and wait for the subject to be still to use a longer exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 30, 2020 Aug 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't forget the colour profile. All images submitted need to be sRGB.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Firstly, you have noise issues, it seems to be a bit too much noise reduction - when enlarged, the pixels are taking on a 'glassy' like appearance:

AOTP5522_noise.jpg

Secondly, the white balance is not so good - it's just a bit too yellow.

It's the same on both images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ricky336,

Thank you for your insight. I see what you're saying about the "glassy" appearance. Perhaps I was a bit too aggressive with the surface blur and unsharp mask. 

Regarding the white balance. As this was shot under a rock closet to sunset at the beach. I thought the slight yellow cast was appropriate. So I guess it's a stylistic vs technical decision?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines