• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for technical issues. Input?

New Here ,
Jun 05, 2021 Jun 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I'm new here and wanted some feed back on this image that was rejected. Thanks, C~

IMG_1056.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it was rejected for technical reasons. It's underexposed and quite blurry. I'm not sure what message the composition is supposed to convey - someone leaving on a trip? 

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CANDICE0D45 ,

There is an exposure issue causing your right foot details to be blown out. There is also a white balance issue. The frame features a purple color cast and fringing around the lower edge of the pants.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing seems to be in focus, except possibly a small part of the suitcase. What is supposed to be in focus? I'd say floor, foot and suitcase must be. The leg must be sharply in focus, or definitely out of focus, according to the story you are telling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess the post-pandemic trend now is travel and foot selfies?  🙂   

OK.  A cute idea that didn't quite work. 

Better luck with your next submission.

In the meantime, have a look at these links:

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CANDICE0D45,

The picture would be great for a Facebook or Instagram post, but for sellable stock images you need to keep the quality standards high, so that the buyer can create this look and may be many other looks from your pictures.

It looks like you used some fancy filter effect. Filter effects modifying the natural look (shifting colours and exposure) are not allowed. Images need to be sharp where the eye is guided: here the feet and the floor. Look at your picture at 100%, and you will see that it is not sharp.

I suppose the idea is not bad, so if you get a correct picture from a similar setting, that will be a nice addition to your portfolio.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I wouldn't add any filter effect. I think it looks terrible. It looks like it was taken with a smartphone and then the typical 'Instagram' filter effect added. So, you have this issue as well as a focus issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For me, the image doesn’t have a lot of appeal as a stock image as the POV is too downward looking, which is subliminally depressing. Looking up always is more inspiring! The idea of feet and a suitcase could perhaps still be a good stock subject if you were looking at the scene from a different angle. You’ll also need to learn how to take sharper photographs. There are many ways to achieve this, notably using a tripod, lens quality, aperture settings, shutter speed, depth of field, auto vs. manual focus, and last but not least, a clean lens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For me, the image doesn’t have a lot of appeal as a stock image as the POV is too downward looking, which is subliminally depressing.

By @J E L

Commercial appeal is a refusal on its own, but I am not convinced that this would be triggered. Even if you look at it as depressing, it could attract sales if otherwise OK.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines