Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issues

Participant ,
Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When a photo is rejected for "Technical Issues" is there any way to find out what the exact issues are?

This photo was rejected. The description was "The lights on top of a police car at dusk. The scene is fairly dark, and the lights are flashing."

When I look at the photo at 100%, it looks sharp, there is no noise, and the lighting appears to me to be correct for the time of day (dusk).

Thanks,

Doug

police_at_dusk-dark.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Dec 04, 2018 Dec 04, 2018

Hi,

I think the white balance is ok in this photo. The main thing I think is contrast. You can alter this a bit in curves if you have a raw file, or curves in Camera Raw Filter in Adobe. I think you should take out the writing as well. Contrast comes under 'Technical Issues'.

Just a quick example:

police_at_dusk-darkcurves.jpg

There isn't any other way at the moment to get more information apart from posting here and letting other users give their opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the image is eighter too dark or too bright ... there’s no mood/drama in it. I have tried to shoot a similar image at that time a day - but it was not good. I think it’s better in the nighttime. Also there is a problem with the white balance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The photo looks the way the scene did at the time, and the white balance was set correctly.

Is there no way to find out exactly why they didn't like it? This is the only stock site I've seen that doesn't provide details on what needs to be fixed when a photo is rejected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, What about the lettering in the upper back window? Should take that out as it identifies a specific police car in that one city with the letters. The letters can be blotted out easily. Then resubmit. JH

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also my thought, but I don't think the photo can be fixed ..?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I think the white balance is ok in this photo. The main thing I think is contrast. You can alter this a bit in curves if you have a raw file, or curves in Camera Raw Filter in Adobe. I think you should take out the writing as well. Contrast comes under 'Technical Issues'.

Just a quick example:

police_at_dusk-darkcurves.jpg

There isn't any other way at the moment to get more information apart from posting here and letting other users give their opinion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you everyone.

If I can find the raw file I'll take another look at it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It’s always good to take out any lettering if that is not the main subject. But if the letters would have been the rejection reason, it would have been an intellectual property rejection. But please note: you can fix one problem and run into the next one.

The antena has very little room above. As it is only a small detail, and I do not expect getting a refusal because of that, I would add some room above the antenna.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines