• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issues.

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had two rejected photos so far (I am a newbie so I haven't had anything accepted yet). I will make two separate posts for each picture. My first photo is of a Rose and bud. The only think I can think of is there is an overabundance of this type of picture. Can I get a confirmation on this?42319_lowes_rose_and_bud_master4mp.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is to soft, kind of out of focus. There may be other defects, but on a low res picture it's quite difficult to detect.

Commercial appeal is the reason that is brought forward, when the picture of a common type. Flower pictures, as well as pet pictures and sunrise/sunset pictures are, however treated more strict, as there is an abundance of great pictures with such subjects available.

Your picture would probably pass, if there would not be that soft look.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree it's probably a focus issue. That bright pink highlight on the nearest petal is also a concern. There may be too much noise in the shadows, though I can't tell for sure. I wouldn't really bother submitting an image of a red rose though, because there are nearly 1 million already available, and the chances that yours will get selected are quite slim...

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Cerinicus, 

The rose is beautiful, however it appears to have been taken with a low exposure setting and/or the lighting was not even. The highlighted area that cased the pink appearance of a red rose is most likely the reason for rejection. The soft areas might be as a result of inadequate dept of field.

It is best getting to know your camera and to make correct adjustment when shooting. 

When I just started out many of my flowers were rejected. That is not the case now. I don't add many, but I do like adding flowers to my portfolio. They add a certain amount of attractiveness to it. Depending on how you keyword your flower images, they will sell. I've had flowers sold. However they have to be completely in focus, and properly exposed.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2019 Oct 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello,

In my own view, there is an issue with your white balance. I think you need to increase the blue in the temp slider and increase the green in the tint slider. To me, at present, it has a slight yellow cast. Only small changes are needed though. Subtle changes. Also, I think you could add more contrast. White balance is included in the technicals issues. Soft focus is another category of rejection reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines