Copied

Got some images here that were rejected, would anyone care to take a look, 

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All 3 have soft focus and white balance issues.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1139:

• A nice picture as this, but where is your focus? The picture is soft. Careful sharpening and noise reduction will help.
  • The histogram shows that the picture is underexposed. Abambo_3-1642706692984.png
  • Correct the white balance

1138:

• It's quite sharp, a little of local contrast, and it is OK.
  • The composition is bad. For a picture like this, you need to go into the snow. The main subject is the lines, get the perspective interesting, get on your knees or even lower. The sky part does not offer enough space from the tip of the trees to the border of the picture.

1134:

• out of focus
  • noise
  • chromatic aberration: Abambo_1-1642705635161.png

• Underexposed, as the histogram shows:Abambo_0-1642705573805.png
    Snow is quite a big reflector, so the image needs to tend more to the light than to the dark. Very often, the camera's indicators tend to underexpose snow because they tend to normalize the image.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to what's been said, straighten horizontals.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The third photo, for instance, also has no identifiable subject and several processing errors.

The following adjustments were made using Lightroom and Photoshop.

First I leveled the horizon line.

I cropped the image to a verticle orentation. This allowed me to use the Rule of Thirds by placing the horizon on the lower grid line and to show the three main tree elements. This is use opf the Rule of Odds. I used Photoshop to increase the missing canvas at the bottom of the photo and with content aware fill I filled the new canvas space. (Your photo chopped off the base of the trees.)

In lightroom I lightened the shadows, decreased the highlights, added texture and vibrance. I highlighted the orange color.This is complimented by the blue colored sky.

1-Edit.jpg  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines