• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Issues

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This photo was rejected for Technicl Issues. As a new contrbutor I would be interested in any views as to why.  It is a scan taken from 35mm film taken in 1976 and cleaned up in Lightroom.  Any comments would be welcome.

Many thanks.

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Dark, underexposed shadows and not in sharp focus. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, it would have been an IP reject due to the visible signage.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dark, underexposed shadows and not in sharp focus. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, it would have been an IP reject due to the visible signage.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply.  I thought the signage would be ok as no names visable and as it was taken in 1976 it has probable change since then.

Agree with your comments, it was the best I could do with the scan.

As a "new here" it is good to get feedback.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other Contributors have posted their rejected images from scanned slides here, and it seems that it is difficult for a scan to result in the necessary quality that Adobe Stock requires. I personally wouldn't waste a lot of time on scanning and editing slides, particularly if the quality of the slide wasn't great to begin with, unless the subject is very compelling and unusual.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Jill, good advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I agree with @Jill_C . I also wouldn't bother with scanning slides or film. The scanner can introduce artifacts, which Adobe would then reject due to the artifacts, like here, and getting the exposure right after scanning can be problematic, especially if it is a nighttime shot like here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks for the feedback.  No more slide or film slides then!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Parece una copia de una foto o una diapositiva antigua le veo muchos defectos de  los que causa el envejecimiento de  aquellas fotos de carrete, aprte de los anuncios que pueden ser una violacion de IP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines