• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for technical problem

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

let's see what defects have been found, Thanks!

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The woman and the cat in the foreground are too dark. There is also a blue cast in the picture. As a result, the skin tone doesn't look nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition to @Marianne-Deiters analysis:

Colours are washed out, and detail structure is missing, giving the whole picture a kind of overly smooth appearance.

The framing is bad:

Abambo_0-1629294355732.png

The tower hits the picture border. On the other side, the women is cropped too much. You should have been concentrated only on the woman with the cat.

All in all, you may be able to save the picture, but it will be hard:

Abambo_2-1629295425257.png

If you have access to the raw file, you may succeed. With a JPEG, I fear, that you will introduce clipping.

When taking pictures in shadowy areas with a quite light background, you need to get either a flash (be careful not to flash the subject to death) or a reflector. As this seems to be a rather nice snapshot, it may be difficult to organize both before the cat leaves.

As a side note: Do you know that you need a model release for the woman?

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your advice and as you understand, the cat was not standing still, so it was a quick shot.
I do not think I will intervene in correcting this photo, I would never be satisfied with the artificial interventions that can be intervened.

In the end I prefer, for my personal taste, to keep the photo as it is, without the need to publish it.
Question: Is the release valid even if one photographs his wife? 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I probably have no picture that I did not edit. Out of the camera pictures rarely give satisfactory results. Contrary to a common belief, pictures where all times modified to get them enhanced, even in the old film times.

Yes, the release is also needed for your wife and even for you, if you are on the picture. Only the cat does not need a release.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your answer.

Also I always modify the photos I take, with the aim of eliminating the major defects, since the cameras are not perfect. I act above all on the light and dark, or on the cut of the photo but also on making the shot straight. However, I often avoid making excessive changes if I see that the result worsens the situation, or is not optimal, at least according to my aesthetic taste.

I understand that StockAdobe only wants high quality photos, so in the future I will try to propose more accurate shots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the maximum correction for me could be this:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines