• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for technical problems

Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2021 Sep 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My photos were rejected due to technical issues. Can anyone help me see what the problem is with these photos please?1cap.jpg2cap.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first photo looks to me as though it were overprocessed or compressed. It is also too soft. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the ideal is to post photos without editing?
Sorry, but this is my first submission and I have no policy experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you shoot in RAW, which is highly recommended, ALL images need some editing; however editing needs to be subtle and appropriate to the image. My typical editing flow, mostly done in Light Room Classic, is to check the white balance, reduce the highlights, brighten the shadows, apply a bit of dehaze, set the white and black points, straighten the horizontal and vertical elements, apply a bit of sharpening, reduce noise if necessary, remove lens spots or sensor spots, crop if necessary, apply a bit of vibrancy, and remove chromatic aberration if necessary. Before doing any of this, I zoom in to 100-200% to confirm that it's in sharp focus. Bad focus can't be fixed, so editing the image for submission to Stock is a waste of time - it will be rejected as that is probably one of the first things that a Moderator looks for.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Jill,
Your feedback is very important to me.
I photograph with my cell phone and I photograph nature for love, with amateurism.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Leila Freitas ,

For the first image, its noisy, has blue color fringing and require you removing the watermark.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1631028396978.png

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1631028513600.png

The second photo is under exposed and too much sharpening is added creating a halo.

jacquelingphoto2017_2-1631028721521.png

In general, they are two nice shots.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jackelin

Thank you so much!
Do you advise me not to edit the photos to post?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most photos need to be edited. The aim of the editing is such that the purchaser (who is likely to be a designer but not a photographer) would be believe this was a perfect shot on excellent equipment, and they are seeing the natural result. Adobe will zoom in and check carefully, because the purchasers do this, and complain loudly if they find something looking forced or artificial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Leila Freitas ,

You are most welcome.

You will need to do post process corrections to remove errors such as fringing, noise, color cast, correct exposure, and etc. What you are not required to do is to add special effect, or to make dramatic changes, rendering the image unnatural.

More details are available at Tips for getting your stock photos accepted | Adobe Learn & Support tutorials

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines