Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected for Technical Reason - any comments please

Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

This photo was rejected for technical reasons, not sure what the issue is, any help from the community would be appreciated.  It is one of the piers of the remains of the monastic infermary in the close of Norwich Cathedral and dates from about 1200.

Thanks

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Hi @geoffreyn86257419 , there are a couple of issues that I see.  The top of the column is out of focus (probably because of the shallow depth of field) and there is fringing around the column near the top.  There is quite a bit of noise in the background and the sky has no detail at all.  One other issue I see is with the composition - the angle this photo was taken shows the column vertical, but the stone wall behind it and the wire fencing around it seem to be skewed.  Maybe the stone wall is

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The picture is not very sharp and badly framed. It would have been  good to have the whole pier in the image, including the lower part. The out of focus areas have a high noise level. The image itself is not level, the pier tends to the left.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @geoffreyn86257419 , there are a couple of issues that I see.  The top of the column is out of focus (probably because of the shallow depth of field) and there is fringing around the column near the top.  There is quite a bit of noise in the background and the sky has no detail at all.  One other issue I see is with the composition - the angle this photo was taken shows the column vertical, but the stone wall behind it and the wire fencing around it seem to be skewed.  Maybe the stone wall is slanting following the grade of a hill but to me it doesn't look quite right.

Here are some resources you might be interested in:\

I hope this helped and good luck with your future submissions.

Rob R, Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the feedback, when it's your own photo you sometimes miss things, although I thought I had checked it out ok.

I did try and get a balance with the wall, fence and pier but as they were all at different levels I can see the issues.

Once again thanks, it is good to get a different view if the subject and I agree with all the comments.

Regards

Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines