Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Image

Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Any feedback on where I went wrong here.

Most appreciated.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 13, 2022 Jun 13, 2022

The lighting is too harsh resulting in blown highlights. The depth of field is also too shallow, creating soft out of focus areas.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lighting is too harsh resulting in blown highlights. The depth of field is also too shallow, creating soft out of focus areas.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  After posting, I noticed the blown highlights.  Crazy that you just see a juicy red tomatoe and your attention is drawn to that, not the flaws.  Got to up my game on that.  Thank you.  Wildlife is my thing, so really enjoying playing with new ideas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wondered where you did put the focus. I guess, the focus should have been on this point.

Abambo_0-1655144029271.png

Tip: Take such pictures at ISO 100. You will anyhow use a tripod for this.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus is lower down, but I should know better. I do mainly wildlife, so its easy to decide where to focus.

Here I should have taken more care.  Got work to do my side, I think. Setting apperture, but not quite getting it all focused.  I hate noise, so setting Iso as low as I can go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Noise is nasty to get rid off. And for still life studio pictures, there is probably only one setting allowed: ISO100.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @CharmB ,

Nice subject, however, it is out of focus, noisy and there are multiple blown out highlights. You need to do post processing to get the noise out and to get a little more vibrance. It's slightly dull in appearance. 

You should use correct aperture settings to get depth and correct exposure. If you have enough light that should not be a major problem. Also if possible filter harsh light sources. I suggest you participate in the courses at LinkedIn Learning. The above link has a sample of one of the courses on exposure.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines