• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected image

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please help me? Could you tell me the reason why my image was rejected. It has technicals issues, but I can't see what problems. is it the color? Big thanks! Utensilios medicos.JPG
TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

Lack of focus is the main problem; the focus seems to be on the person's hand rather than the instruments. A higher f stop would have brought the hand as well as the objects on the table in focus. It's underexposed, and the dark shadows should have been lifted with either a fill light or a reflector. There are dirty spots on the table top, and there is vignetting at the corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 27, 2021 Jun 27, 2021

@Fera García You have specifics from Jill on the technical aspects that are super helpful. Immediately, I can see the photo is too dark and out of focus on the instruments. Typically, medical instruments should be photographed in a sterile environment, unless you are going for a more sinister message or something. For example, a medical professional handling a syringe would have gloves on. The tabletop should be stainless steel or a pure, clean, spotless white background. The scissors look dirty

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Hi Fera,

besides the wonderful advice you got here, you also have a framing problem. The composition is not balanced, the picture looks like you were the hand model and the photographer. If that is the case get you a hand model, if not, choose different angles. 

Use flash lights for illumiation and reflectors for the shadows. If you don't have flash lights, use what you have, but pay attention to have light shadows only. Reflectors do a great job here and they don't need to be sofisticated.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lack of focus is the main problem; the focus seems to be on the person's hand rather than the instruments. A higher f stop would have brought the hand as well as the objects on the table in focus. It's underexposed, and the dark shadows should have been lifted with either a fill light or a reflector. There are dirty spots on the table top, and there is vignetting at the corners.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I didn't pay attention. I'm going to look carefully to the details. Big thanks. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Fera García You have specifics from Jill on the technical aspects that are super helpful. Immediately, I can see the photo is too dark and out of focus on the instruments. Typically, medical instruments should be photographed in a sterile environment, unless you are going for a more sinister message or something. For example, a medical professional handling a syringe would have gloves on. The tabletop should be stainless steel or a pure, clean, spotless white background. The scissors look dirty around the fastening area. The angle of the hand and the syringe seem unbalanced with the alignment of the other items as well. Have you set up a studio tabletop product kit with table stands and a camera support for shots like this? I'd suggest spending more time working on your arrangements and researching the millions of medical equipment photos Adobe Stock already has to offer. Keep learning and shooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you are right. I didn't pay attention to those details, I was more worried for space and organization of the instruments than the details on each instrument. I'm going to be careful next time. Big thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fera García ,

These are the technical issues. 

The subjects are out of focus.

The frame is underexposed.

There is a white balance issue.

Yellow color fringing on the edges.

jacquelingphoto2017_0-1624844320079.png

Noise/grain, both chromatic and luminance.

jacquelingphoto2017_1-1624844423789.png

To inspect for these issues please zoom to between 100 and 200%.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Fera,

besides the wonderful advice you got here, you also have a framing problem. The composition is not balanced, the picture looks like you were the hand model and the photographer. If that is the case get you a hand model, if not, choose different angles. 

Use flash lights for illumiation and reflectors for the shadows. If you don't have flash lights, use what you have, but pay attention to have light shadows only. Reflectors do a great job here and they don't need to be sofisticated. I used a white sheet of paper for both, a background and for reflector for some of my pictures.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2021 Jul 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi! 

Yes, all of you are right! I'm going to pay attention and look for some resources to do a better work, a better photograph. Big big thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Fera García,

Compare your work with what is already represented in Stock.  You have a lot of competition in this category.  And none contain long shadows.

https://stock.adobe.com/search?k=medical%20equipment

Keep working at it.  Better luck next time 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines