• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected images

New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got some pictures rejected... Can I get any feedback? They said I have technical issues.

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

1) magenta hue in the sky, artifacts in the sky, and white edges around the branches where it appears you darkened the sky. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, I think it would have been rejected for IP based on the people in the image.

2) I don't see any technical issues except perhaps for slightly blown highlights in a few of the flowers

3) WB and focus - few of the blooms are in sharp focus

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hi @Carol5D6C ,

In general your depth of field settings is too shallow and result in elements that should be included in focus to be out of focus.

The first image quality overall is not good. In addition there is purple color fringing in the trees on the left.

The second image is a nice closeup, but the left with the image of the man is not sharply focused. It is slightly blur.

The third image is not completely in focus.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

@Carol5D6C You have some helpful critiques from others already and I'll add that on immediately looking at your images, I can see the colors are problematic. You've overprocessed and oversaturated the colors so they don't look natural or realistic. Sometimes, you can achieve a certain look you want to convey with the photo's message but I suggest being careful here so you don't push things too far!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

With 0154 I think that there are multiple small problems:

• The white flowers are missing structure. They are nearly a single white spot.
  • The left part is underexposed. The wooden structure disappears in the dark.
  • The reflective spots on the signs are disturbing, especially the big one to the right P sign.

0151 is simply out of focus and has a strong white balance problem.

I noticed that you are using the “Action Program” of your camera. If I remember well, these programs set the camera in J

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) magenta hue in the sky, artifacts in the sky, and white edges around the branches where it appears you darkened the sky. Had it not been rejected for technical issues, I think it would have been rejected for IP based on the people in the image.

2) I don't see any technical issues except perhaps for slightly blown highlights in a few of the flowers

3) WB and focus - few of the blooms are in sharp focus

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Carol5D6C ,

In general your depth of field settings is too shallow and result in elements that should be included in focus to be out of focus.

The first image quality overall is not good. In addition there is purple color fringing in the trees on the left.

The second image is a nice closeup, but the left with the image of the man is not sharply focused. It is slightly blur.

The third image is not completely in focus.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Carol5D6C You have some helpful critiques from others already and I'll add that on immediately looking at your images, I can see the colors are problematic. You've overprocessed and oversaturated the colors so they don't look natural or realistic. Sometimes, you can achieve a certain look you want to convey with the photo's message but I suggest being careful here so you don't push things too far!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Stock already contains millions & million of perfect flowers. 

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality for use in commercial projects.  Read links below.

Better luck with your next submission.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first photo is also not level. Look at the roof!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 02, 2021 Oct 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With 0154 I think that there are multiple small problems:

• The white flowers are missing structure. They are nearly a single white spot.
  • The left part is underexposed. The wooden structure disappears in the dark.
  • The reflective spots on the signs are disturbing, especially the big one to the right P sign.

0151 is simply out of focus and has a strong white balance problem.

I noticed that you are using the “Action Program” of your camera. If I remember well, these programs set the camera in JPEG mode. Use one of P, Tv, Av or M programs. They allow for more control and especially allow you to shoot raw. Just to say: I'm mainly doing my shoots in M.

Raw would allow you to recover the underexposed parts and missing structure (within limits) in your picture with minimal effort, and correct the white balance.

In your first picture, your phone software has “optimized” the brick structure of the house and other details in the picture.

Abambo_0-1633181465577.png

When shooting against the lit sky, you get inevitably that chromatic aberration that needs to be addressed in post-production. This happens also, but to a lesser extent, on high-end lenses and cameras.

Abambo_1-1633182827192.png

As mentioned before, when shooting property like this, you will probably need a property release and as people are in the shoot, you would also need a model release from each of them. Parents need to sign for underage children.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines