Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected iPhone 8 plus photos technical problem

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Photos made via my iPhone 8 plus are regularly refused. I have checked most of them at 100% and when in doubt I often reduce them to around 6.5 megapixels.

I shoot with Live and HDR enabled.

Do you have advice to increase my acceptance rate?

Thank in advance

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What specific reason do they give you for rejection in each case?

Why do you reduce pixels?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The leafs were rejected for 'Technical issues' (whatever that means). The fire was rejected for 'Problem with artefacts' (this picture wasn't reduced in size). When I look at 100% at iPhone images I usually see some posterization issues. When I downsize these problems are a lot less visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last image (fire) is crooked and there's an obvious artifact in the lower right. 

BEFORE

clipboard_image_0.png

AFTER

clipboard_image_1.png

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2019 Oct 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time to look at my image. I will crop and align te image, and resubmit it at full size.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2019 Oct 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Smartphone images especially when taken with JPG format will most probably be rejected because of compression artifacts and noise as in your examples. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Robocop,

Your images are nice. I especially like the one with the fire. On that image the artifacts is actually at the top right corner. That at the bottom right appears to be a part of the subject(s).  The artifacts shows up on the stems of the plants. The coloring do not seem to be naturally smooth. To identify artifacts and noise  You need to zoom to between 100 and 200% using a picture tool or editing app so that you can see dots or blotches of multicolor, or dark dots or blotches, or halo around edges. 

Because of the nature of the fire image, you did not have to crop or straighten the subject. You just needed to clean that at the top right that shaped like water running down the black background. That does not look like a natural color of the background.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines