• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected on terms of quality issues

New Here ,
Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted a worn concrete picture as a texture stock image and was rejected because of Quality Issues. I'm looking for specific feedback on how I can prevent rejections in the future. I have 11 more pictures in review. It's a texture photo, which I saw were very popular.

IMG_1964.jpg

 

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Aug 05, 2022 Aug 05, 2022

If your intention was a blurry background then you should have done this in post processing. Your photo was taken at an angle to the surface. The front is sharper than the rear. This is due to the depth of field. Not nice and a reason to reject the photo. That does not mean it will get accepted. Just an idea of mine.

Like this:

1-2-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*note, I do know at 100% magnification it is blurry, but that's the look I was going for because I just wanted to bring a texture picture. Something that can be used as a PPT theme background.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Being blurry or out of focus is grounds for a technical rejection regardless of intent in most cases.

It's really easy to blur a photo that's sharp, but pretty challenging to sharpen a blurry photo.

Good luck!

George F, Fine Art Landscape Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your intention was a blurry background then you should have done this in post processing. Your photo was taken at an angle to the surface. The front is sharper than the rear. This is due to the depth of field. Not nice and a reason to reject the photo. That does not mean it will get accepted. Just an idea of mine.

Like this:

1-2-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The blur is uneven. If you attempt this again, stand with the camera lens perfectly parallel to the concrete surface and use a larger f stop to ensure a wider depth of field.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 06, 2022 Aug 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Christopher25535672q9hu,

Your photo is not sharp, has grain noise and seem to be taken in or converted to grey scale. Those are all reasons for rejections. The photos you upload must be in sharp focus. You need to remove noise in post processing.

Learn more of what you need to do and should not do.

Also here are some additional tips you can benefit from.

Best wishes

Jacquelin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Backgrounds have little or no sales potential.  As a customer, I'm afraid that's not something I would purchase from Stock when I can easily create my own in Photoshop.

image.png

I use Stock when I'm looking for images that depict a subject I'm in need of for a project. 

Example:

• Aging,
  • Beauty & cosmetics,
  • Banking & finance,
  • Computers & technology,
  • Construction,
  • Cultural diversity,
  • Drone aerial footage,
  • Education & learning,
  • Entertainment,
  • Environment & climate change,
  • Fitness & exercise,
  • Food, drink & nutrition,
  • Holidays,
  • Home & office,
  • Medicine & medical technology,
  • Mental health,
  • Personal relationships,
  • Poverty & homelessness,
  • Real people in social settings,
  • Science & math,
  • Sports,
  • Travel,
  • Yoga, meditation & spirituality.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines