Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photo critique and possible substitute

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone, 

Greatly appreciate some feedback. So I'm assuming that the one with more noise was rejected due to  . . .  well . . . noise? I've developed it a bit more to reduce the noise. Would there be any other issues I'm missing? 

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

You've definitely improved the noise, though I think that large unfocused section of fence could still be problematic.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 11, 2021 Oct 11, 2021

I agree with @Jill_C , the fence has to go! If you change to a vertical photo you place the center of his head on a "Golden Rule" 1/3 line.

1-Edit-Edit-2.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Hi @zeineldine,

What's your goal  -- to take better pictures or to be a successful Stock Contributor? 

I ask because people's pets are commonly submitted but few are ever sold.  Stock already contains millions & millions of domestic cat images. Competition is stiff in this keyword category.

Adobe Stock Domestic Cats

By all means, keep working to improve your craft.  And at the same time, look for new & interesting subjects that will give you more profit potential.  

See this:

How to Make Money from Adobe Stock

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You've definitely improved the noise, though I think that large unfocused section of fence could still be problematic.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with @Jill_C , the fence has to go! If you change to a vertical photo you place the center of his head on a "Golden Rule" 1/3 line.

1-Edit-Edit-2.jpg 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @zeineldine,

What's your goal  -- to take better pictures or to be a successful Stock Contributor? 

I ask because people's pets are commonly submitted but few are ever sold.  Stock already contains millions & millions of domestic cat images. Competition is stiff in this keyword category.

Adobe Stock Domestic Cats

By all means, keep working to improve your craft.  And at the same time, look for new & interesting subjects that will give you more profit potential.  

See this:

How to Make Money from Adobe Stock

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @zeineldine ,

The cat is not completely in focus. The edge at the right side of its face is not very sharp and also it back. My eyes were first drawn to it's back.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines