• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photo, feedback please

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried submitting stock for the first time with a bunch of bison picture. Some have been rejected and some seem to have not been reviewed.

I was hoping for some feedback on the rejected ones. A few were profile shots that were framed weirdly, I thought it was artistic, but I get it. There were a few variations of the attached photo with slightly differend poses and edits.

So on the attached photo, I'm wondering if it's just not up to the quality standard (hard to swallow, but need to know), if these more stylized photos are just not suitable for stock, or something else.

Also, should I expect the others to still be reviewed or am I rejected entirely?

Thanks so much

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 10, 2021 Feb 10, 2021

Hi @BoredinEarth ,

Your composition is fairly good, but under exposed and very noisy - both luminance and chromatic.

Please take a look at the guidelines at https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

or maybe it's the noise if you zoom in 1:1. I don't usually use a lot of noise reduction or reduce the file size, but I'm new to trying stock... Is it better to reduce the file size and/or noise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the noise is also a problem with this picture. Especially if you correct the exposure, you will increase the noise level. So, always try to get the exposure correct at a low ISO.

Abambo_0-1614634883040.png

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BoredinEarth ,

Your composition is fairly good, but under exposed and very noisy - both luminance and chromatic.

Please take a look at the guidelines at https://helpx.adobe.com/support/stock-contributor.html.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for taking the time. I'll take "fairly good" composition and you're right about the noise. The underexposure was intentional, but the noise obviously wasn't. Maybe it would have been better to have not underexposed in camera and just darkened the shadows in post. Given that the sky was pretty dark, there was really no reason, I guess to underexpose in-camera to keep highlights from blowing out. Anyway, this is just me trying to reflect and improve as a photographer. I really want to get to a professional level.

I had been looking at it at 1:1 and thinking that "it's fine"-- and I think it would be for web use or even a not-so-big print, but I am trying to view my work from a more technical viewpoint rather than dismissing technical shortcoming as artistic license.

Also, since your comment, most the rest of my bison photos were accepted, so I guess 8 rejected and 28 accepted is not so bad for a first shot.

Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BoredinEarth ,

If you expose correctly you will get the desired contrast. To improve you skills I suggest you do look at the work of professional, visit LinkedIn Learn or any other training of your choice, and read photography books. There are some eBooks on Amazon.

Best wishes

JG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also, since your comment, most the rest of my bison photos were accepted, so I guess 8 rejected and 28 accepted is not so bad for a first shot.

By @BoredinEarth

That's well below the 50% mark. If you get a constant much higher than 50% rejection rate, Adobe may consider you're spamming their system.

You should aim for technically correct pictures, not the most artistic shot. If you can get both, congratulations, then it will become (probably) a good seller.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines