• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

rejected photo

Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, these photos got rejected and i am clueless as to the reason. Some constuctive feedback will be greatly appreciated. Yellow acerola cherry centered in imageYellow acerola cherry centered in image Ripe fat poke (Chrysobalanus icaco) in a bunch on a branchRipe fat poke (Chrysobalanus icaco) in a bunch on a branch

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Participant , Jul 16, 2020 Jul 16, 2020

Hello avilledorsa,

Assuming you got a "technical issues" rejection, please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work.

Just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The rejection reason, given by Adobe is of importance to us. You need to post that one too.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

out of the blind, I would tipp on saturation and white balance as the causes for the refusal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In addition there is noise and colour noise on the background of the fat poke image:

Abambo_0-1595255415698.png

As for editing parameter suggestions to get better colours and contrasts (if you work the raw file, you may achieve different parameters and better results):

Abambo_2-1595257300514.png

The yello cherry image is washed out in the shadow:

Abambo_1-1595256645072.png

Images should be in sRGB colour space (requirement). Having the image in AdobeRGB and being viewed in sRGB will result in flat unpleasant colours.

If you shot in RAW, I suggest you redo the raw processing and try to resubmit. It will be of no disadvantage to get the background darker for the yellow cherry so that you see the fruit better. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2020 Jul 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks very much, quite informative, btw the reason given is - Technical Issues which is vague to say the least. I always shoot in RAW but seems like I still have alot to learn about post processsing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello avilledorsa,

Assuming you got a "technical issues" rejection, please find attached some non-technical notes I have made.

Apologies in advance for handwriting on your work, I found it quicker and was with the sole purpose of providing some help beyond the "plain" rejection legend we all might have get once or more in our work.

Just trying to provide an "out of the box" perspective. My contribution is with good intentions only.

For more formal and professional comments listen to the guys that clearly know what they are talking about.

Keep shooting, learning, observing, and specially, having fun

Cheers,
V

PS, I find admirable the people who takes the time to properly title their photos/work

avilledorsa--Ripe_fat_poke_(Chrysobalanus_icaco)_in_a_bunch_on_a_branch.jpgavilledorsa--Yellow_acerola_cherry_centered_in_image.jpg

V

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks much, some good tips and good jokes, i took a risk submitting the image with these defects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Assuming it was the 'Technical Issues' rejection because lately all of them have been, there are a few problems.

Firstly in both pictures composition could be improved. In the top picture, you've got the fruit dividing the picture in half. The background is also distracting.

The second picture, white balance issues - so colour temperature. it's a bit too blue. The composition can be improved. As this is for stock, then you shouldn't have a half-eaten leaf. There are also focus problems as well as pointed out by vences. 

Have a read of this. It's a brief guide on image quality.
https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

and this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 20, 2020 Jul 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/how-to/tips-stock-image-acceptance.html?set=stock--fundamentals--adobe...

below content taken from above link

For sharper images, use a tripod or monopod when possible. Faster shutter speeds certainly help. It’s important to note that one way to increase your shutter speed is to increase your aperture, which in turn increases the depth of field.

Surely this in red text is wrong - It's the other way round. If increasing the aperture means stopping down towards f16 that slows your shutter speed but increases the depth of field (the about of the picture that is in focus) No wonder people are confused

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

good suggestions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks much, good tips i will factor them in to improve my submissions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks very much, i will take your suggestions into consideration

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much ricky336

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2021 Jun 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Я предполагаю, что перваую фотографию не приняли потому что во-первых неудачная композиция и во-вторых большая площадь размытого изображения. Вторая фотография наверное тоже из-за нарушения композиции - сильный сдвиг в левый верхний угол и ещё Вы сильно вытянули тени, пропал объём. Это только моё мнение.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines