• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected Photo

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to find out why this photo of a National Park vista was rejected? My understanding is US NPs don't generally require releases? It's a 32mb jpg. The signature isn't on the submitted file.Canyonlands_NP-Low Res.jpg

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 12, 2021 Oct 12, 2021

The white balance is off. The sky is over saturated. The highlights on the ground are overexposed. The shadows are underexposed. Your signature must be ommitted.

This is how your photo will look at 100% when printed.

1-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks really good to me.  I've just had my first 5 off rejected for technical issues, so I will be asking the same questions as you.  Could yours be because of perceived grain/noise? Or because of the strong contrasting shadows and highlights?  Hopefully a contributor who is successful can advise.  I'm betting it's because an algorithm is doing the checking, whereas a human may have passed it off?

Best of luck going forward. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @default844y1decdurp ,

All files are checked by human.

Best wishes

JG

Photographer and Nutrition Author

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white balance is off. The sky is over saturated. The highlights on the ground are overexposed. The shadows are underexposed. Your signature must be ommitted.

This is how your photo will look at 100% when printed.

1-Edit-Edit-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did not indicate the rejection reason, so I must assume it was due to technical issues. National Parks do not automatically receive an IP rejection. I have had many accepted from Yosemite, Crater Lake, Death Valley, Sequoia, Muir Woods and others without having had to include a Property Release. I agree with all of Ralph's comments regarding technical flaws. This has the overall impression of an over processed image.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines