• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photo

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all and happy Christmas, please can comeone check my photo that have been rejected and let me know whats wrong with it ? 🙂

The photo has been uploaded from Lightroom so I dont think there is an issue with incorrect settings. The camera I used is Canon 90D.

Thank you bery much all off you!

Lukas

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Contributors , Fotolia , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 4 Correct answers

Community Expert , Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Technical issues has nothing to do with resolution and camera and things like that, but with your technique to take and process pictures. I'm not a follower of the "to less depth of field" fraction, but here, the cake should clearly be more in focus. You also tageted the very front of the cake, your focus point should have been more the midst of the cake. Aditionally you have underexposure. Look at your histogram. the whites are missing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

The white balance is off. The depth of field is too shallow. The background is very noisy. The exposure is a litlle too dark.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

in addition to the focus and exposure issues, I think that you should have composed the frame to reveal more of the cake's details since it is a beautiful cake. A higher angle would have highlighted more of the decor on the top of the cake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

It's not well lit and it's not in focus.  Sorry. 

Did you make the cake yourself or did you buy it from a bakery?  I ask because store bought items are not usually cleared for commercial use. 

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality. That means perfect picture quality, light and color balance.  Also you must own 100% rights to the items in your photograph or submit signed releases for them to be used commercially.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Technical issues has nothing to do with resolution and camera and things like that, but with your technique to take and process pictures. I'm not a follower of the "to less depth of field" fraction, but here, the cake should clearly be more in focus. You also tageted the very front of the cake, your focus point should have been more the midst of the cake. Aditionally you have underexposure. Look at your histogram. the whites are missing.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The white balance is off. The depth of field is too shallow. The background is very noisy. The exposure is a litlle too dark.

Untitled-1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of the reasons may be the fact, that your photo isn´t that sharp at 100% zoom, which is needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in addition to the focus and exposure issues, I think that you should have composed the frame to reveal more of the cake's details since it is a beautiful cake. A higher angle would have highlighted more of the decor on the top of the cake.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not well lit and it's not in focus.  Sorry. 

Did you make the cake yourself or did you buy it from a bakery?  I ask because store bought items are not usually cleared for commercial use. 

Adobe Stock customers expect the highest visual and technical quality. That means perfect picture quality, light and color balance.  Also you must own 100% rights to the items in your photograph or submit signed releases for them to be used commercially.

Better luck with your next submission. 🙂

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My sister-in-law made it for her daugter (my niece), and I have been told to take a picture of it. 

Thanks for the links. I really like to learn more about this stuff.

Also thanks all for you replies! It helps a lot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines