Copied

can you tell me why my photo was rejected 

TOPICS
Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Very little in focus due to the shallow depth of field, and harsh lighting creating bright spots and dark shadows.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Poor:

Subject,

angle,

composition,

lighting,

camera settings.

Apart from that, there's no commercial value.  Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Would you buy this?  What would you use it for commercially?  Read these links.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very little in focus due to the shallow depth of field, and harsh lighting creating bright spots and dark shadows.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Poor:

Subject,

angle,

composition,

lighting,

camera settings.

Apart from that, there's no commercial value.  Put yourself in the customer's shoes.  Would you buy this?  What would you use it for commercially?  Read these links.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 14, 2023 May 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone explain to me that the new photo i found today in the adobe stock catalog is accepted ( which is just out of focus ) and mine is not ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use the a picture in Adobe Stock to suggest yours should be accepted. Adobe now have over 300 million pictures and have raised their standards. Your work must be world class, perfect, commercial photography. You need to deal with ALL the criticisms, not just focus - but perfect focus is taken for granted. But don't bother with flowers! There are already 26 million flower pictures. Research what subjects are needed, to build up your business.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, no one can explain it. The Moderators are human, therefore acceptance/rejection is a judgment call. Additionally, as @Test Screen Name indicated, standards change over time. When Adobe was first building the database, they may have been more lenient. Also, camera and editing technologies have improved dramatically during the years Adobe Stock has been in business, so they can be expected to raise standards over time.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2023 May 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally get it. But it follows that in addition to understandable criteria, a lot depends on the mood of the Adobe Stock employee. In my previous selection of four identically processed photos, two were accepted one day but the other two assessed the next day were rejected for quality reasons

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The example you have shown has better composition than your example.

Composition:
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography/discover/photo-composition.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can someone explain to me that the new photo i found today is accepted and mine is not ?

By @voy fon

==========

It's irrelevant.  Comparing your work with one image out of many millions is pointless. You don't know when it was approved.  It might have been grandfathered in from Fotolia long before Adobe took over. 

Don't worry about things you can't change.  Concentrate on the things you CAN change. 

Successful Stock Contributors don't make excuses.  Nor do they blame reviewers.  Quite the opposite.  Successful contributors examine ways in which to improve themselves and make their artwork better. 

You've received some good advice so far.  Now use it wisely.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 16, 2023 May 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks. I think I'll take your advice !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Focus! Flower pictures need to be more than perfect, as there are so many in the database, that Adobe does not need more. So they are exceotional stringent.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines