• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photos, even though every step followed

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a question regarding few of my recently rejected pictures. I was following all of the procedures regarding any recognition of the place or someones property (eg numberplates, house address plates).
Basically main focus of one picture is towards urban industry. To show the view of house town with city skyscrapers at the background.

As well as few of other photos were rejected, and wondering what could possible be wrong with them, if anyone could be able to point out some tips or recommendations on any of the photos, I will really appreciate it.
I was working hard with this photos, paying attentions on small issues. So what else am I missing, to get this approved?

Thank you for any help
Kind regards

TOPICS
Contributor critique , Troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bananas: besides being out of focus, your picture contains a lot of noise.

Abambo_1-1623101239693.png

In addition, the exposure is not correct, there are no blacks and whites if you look at your histogram.

Abambo_0-1623101198169.png

Helicopter:

The overall composition is not great with those sunscreens right and left. The helicopter is not in focus.

The way: Over sharpened, no detail, but noise and washed out colours in the shadow area, the houses to the left are too dark, the overall composition is not great. In addition, I have the feeling that the whole picture needs to be straightened.

The river: Artefacts, washed out colours and no details. Noise in the darker areas.

Houses: White halo, probably from over sharpening (arrow), noise, artefacts. The snow area is overexposed.

Abambo_2-1623102128104.png

Pictures need to be perfect in optical quality. Only then it is worth to invest time in logos and other proprietary assets.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. I also see curved, horizontal banding in the sky of the river view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Maria_Myxa

The technical problems with your photos you are now aware of from the other comments. Your shots of the bananas, helicopter, walking path, and river are not remarkable enough to be selected as stock images in terms of overall concept, composition and setting. If you keep in mind that stock images need to evoke an immediate “wow” response from the viewer and convey a message you will find a better reception for your submissions. Naturally, every image can’t be award-winning nor should they be. Buyers need stock images for every imaginable situation under the sun. But you have very steep competition and therefore selections have to be exceptional. Always be thinking of application: If I needed a photo of a bunch of green bananas, why would I choose this image of yours over another when there are hundreds of banana bunch images to choose from? My go-to question for a scenic shot is to ask if your river photo was on my wall calendar, would I want to keep looking at it for 30 days in a row? Keep shooting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@J E L ,

My own experience shows that the hurdles are not very high. Pictures need, however, to be flawless. No noise, no artifacts, in focus, well exposed. Framing and the motives are only rarely invoked on pictures that really do not stand out and have millions of competitors.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines