Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected photos

New Here ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I just submitted 10 photos that have all been rejected without me being able to understand why? They seem to me to be quality, clear and without visible sign of rejection. Can you help me ?
Cordially
Dominique Fluzin

TOPICS
Contributors

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

There's a halo around both subjects, perhaps indicating over-sharpening. You'll need to edit out the logos and provide a model release for the woman facing the camera in order to avoid an IP rejection as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Hello,

I think you could alter the white balance just a bit. It does have a slight blue tinge to it. If you use the eye dropper tool in Camera Raw in Adobe for example,  on the snow, it will correct the white balance.

Another thing is that when you enlarge to 100% the pixels look a bit 'blocky'.

partage-de-lumieres-adobe-2artifacts.jpg

I guess this was taken with a smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

We here in the community forum do not have "the final say". The Adobe Moderators have the final word, and they have rejected based on the quality  issues pointed out here by other contributors. I do understand that each rejection is disappointing, as I have had many rejections myself. However, if you regard each rejection as a learning opportunity, you will acquire the skills to become a better judge of your images prior to uploading them, and your acceptance rate WILL improve.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add a few photos here for us to review.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to add a few photos here for us to review.

By @RALPH_L

@Partage de Lumières ,

Only one or two, not your 10. We will help you to look at your defects in the images, but after a while, you will be able to check your assets yourself.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please share 1-3 original photos (no more!) and exact reason for rejection. Original and exact reason are vital. The experienced contributors here can often help if you give us both of these. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quality issues is a common refusal reason. Look at your pictures at 100% and 200% for artefacts, noise and other defects. Check exposure by looking into your histogram. Check your white balance. If you still do not see the problem, post one of your pictures here, in the quality as submitted. We will take a look at it and advice.

If you are new to stock, you should consider these resources: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/tutorials.html
Please read the contributor user manual for more information on Adobe stock contributions: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/user-guide.html
See here for rejection reasons: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/reasons-for-content-rejection.html
and especially quality and technical issues: https://helpx.adobe.com/stock/contributor/help/quality-and-technical-issues.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And here are two photos for example

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also I asked for the exact reason for rejection? This is important, please tell us. For example: quality issues. For example: IP violation. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would assume that in One Picture you can clearly see a Person and maybe there is the Model Release missing. Also, the Edges of seem to be a bit blurry and there are not much Detail in the Highlights and the shadows. Hope that helps.

regards,
Henrik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quality problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I think you could alter the white balance just a bit. It does have a slight blue tinge to it. If you use the eye dropper tool in Camera Raw in Adobe for example,  on the snow, it will correct the white balance.

Another thing is that when you enlarge to 100% the pixels look a bit 'blocky'.

partage-de-lumieres-adobe-2artifacts.jpg

I guess this was taken with a smartphone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photo prise à 100 iso avec un nikon d5100 1/500ème à f11. Mes photos ont été rejetées pour les mauvaises raisons.
Je sais qu’en fin de compte, c’est vous qui aurez le dernier mot.
Je voulais juste vous dire que je ne suis pas d’accord et que je suis déçu.
Bonsoir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We here in the community forum do not have "the final say". The Adobe Moderators have the final word, and they have rejected based on the quality  issues pointed out here by other contributors. I do understand that each rejection is disappointing, as I have had many rejections myself. However, if you regard each rejection as a learning opportunity, you will acquire the skills to become a better judge of your images prior to uploading them, and your acceptance rate WILL improve.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We can agree to disagree then! This is a user-to-user forum, so as users, we give our opinion. You did ask for help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Partage de Lumières wrote:

Photo prise à 100 iso avec un nikon d5100 1/500ème à f11. Mes photos ont été rejetées pour les mauvaises raisons.
Je sais qu’en fin de compte, c’est vous qui aurez le dernier mot.
Je voulais juste vous dire que je ne suis pas d’accord et que je suis déçu.
Bonsoir

Non, les photos sont refusées pour les bonnes raisons. La qualité n'est pas optimale. Vous voulez des exemples ?

Voilà :

Abambo_0-1676231678260.png

Bordure blanche (flèche) détails manquants (nuage).

Le logo sera un refus pour violation des droits de propriété :

Abambo_1-1676231827807.png

Ceci sont typiquement des défauts en surtraitement:

Abambo_2-1676232001523.png

(semblable à ce que ce passe avec les portables)

Et, pour conclure :

Si cette photo serait optimale, les logos enlevés, il vous faudrait une autorisation de modèle !

Abambo_3-1676232296080.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a halo around both subjects, perhaps indicating over-sharpening. You'll need to edit out the logos and provide a model release for the woman facing the camera in order to avoid an IP rejection as well.

Jill C., Forum Volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Check the manual, and you will see that they have been refused for the correct reasons. I strongly suggest not to overprocess. If the images are out of focus, there is no need to sharpen. Sharpening helps only with images that are just out of focus or images that need a little enhancement. It does not work for softly focussed images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines