• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rejected picture / Asking for advise for improvement

Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,
this picture has been rejected due to technical reasons. What do you think needs to be improved?

Thanks in advance and kind regards.

P.S.: The lighting is supposed to be "asymmetric" on that one.

TOPICS
Contributor critique

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Hi @Deleted User Well, it's just not sharp enough. Always inspect the file between 100 and 200 percent (my sample below is at 128%). It is too far gone with whatever effect you were trying. The background reminds me of synthetic shag carpet from the 1960s, lol.

Seriously, try more realistic colors. The idea of a bag of coins is a fine concept. Take a look at the concept done effectively here. (Adobe stock #61996539) I hope that's helpful. Keep shooting!

JainLemos_0-1641331216325.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Deleted User Well, it's just not sharp enough. Always inspect the file between 100 and 200 percent (my sample below is at 128%). It is too far gone with whatever effect you were trying. The background reminds me of synthetic shag carpet from the 1960s, lol.

Seriously, try more realistic colors. The idea of a bag of coins is a fine concept. Take a look at the concept done effectively here. (Adobe stock #61996539) I hope that's helpful. Keep shooting!

JainLemos_0-1641331216325.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know the laws in your region.  But here in the US, the use of legal currency, coins and postage stamps in advertising have restrictions.

https://smallbusiness.chron.com/usage-money-images-advertising-64067.html

Fake currency has no restrictions.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The image is oversaturated and the background is … awful. It really should be something more neutral. The wallet could be better lighted. The wallet and the coins seam to be underexposed. The framing could be better. Sharpness could be better. Due to your strange background and lightning conditions, you have false colours in the shadow areas.

I would suggest you change the lens to something more appropriate for such pictures. A prime lens could help here, even a cheaper one.

To assess sharpness, I respectfully disagree with @J E L . You really need to be at 100% to appreciate the sharpness and 200% to counter check the sharpness, if in doubt. In your picture, however, one can clearly see that the structure of the coins leaves something to be desired. This may also be due to wear and tear. It needs, however, experience. At 200% and/or 300% you will see artefacts that you may miss at 100%, but the image will be (more) blurred. I always take full hundred levels, as all intermediate values do not allow a good statement.

@Nancy OShea, these are no fake coins, each of them has a little more value as 11 USD cents.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines